Nhs Q Code

Hylander

Would someone by kind enough to explain to me how I put on my phone a Q code to confirm that I am fully vaccinated against Covid19.     Yes we have the letter from the NHS confirming this but looking at the TV ,  people seem to have these codes on their phones.    Is it necessary to have both?

You need the NHS app, not the NHS covid 19 app for booking into places as that is different, the plain NHS app will also let you book appointments and order repeat prescriptions from your phone, I think I had to scan a photo ID (I used passport) and record a short video saying some numbers that came up so they could verify the identity.

On my other halfs phone (nokia 5) for some reason the video bit wouldn't come up so she had to do it on mine first then she could login to it on hers.

14 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Would someone by kind enough to explain to me how I put on my phone a Q code to confirm that I am fully vaccinated against Covid19.     Yes we have the letter from the NHS confirming this but looking at the TV ,  people seem to have these codes on their phones.    Is it necessary to have both?

I think if you have it in writing, from the NHS,that's accepted.You can phone 119,they can confirm if that correct. 

• Like 1

Thank you.   Yes we do have access through our surgery to our records etc, and for getting repeat prescriptions etc.   I think I will just take our letters with me whenever we go anywhere.     What I cannot understand (can anyone) is how come if you cross into Wales the rules are different (different virus?) and if you cross into Scotland the rules change again.   No wonder we have not got a clue what is what anymore.