Maintenance Work On The River Bure From Acle Road Bridge From 3rd To 17th December

On 26/10/2021 at 13:38, BroadAmbition said:

Regarding Acle Bridge by the Bridge Inn.

I spoke with Tom Waterfall (SCO - Broads Authority) about the inoperative warning light on the face of the downstream side of the bridge, specifically the horrible noise it makes all night long in trying to illuminate.  Tom informs me that the head Ranger has raised the issue with the highways department.

Griff

This is still ongoing, the latest update received from Tom at the Ba on Friday:-

------------------------------------------------

Hi Griff,

I had notification from Lucy at the end of last week that Highways have been down and installed solar lights both up and downstream at Acle bridge. The new permanent lights are on order but apparently there is a long lead-in time.

I haven’t yet been told whether the existing noise has stopped by one of the Ranger team, however I’d like to hope so as they’ve probably disconnected the offending bit of equipment in favour of the solar lights.

I’ll let you know when I hear back from the Rangers, I’m sure one is passing by there today.

Tom

-------------------------------------------------

Griff