showers

loribear

:wave hi all not long now,yey, only 4 weeks to go, can't wait, a full week away from victor meldrew, i mean hubby lol, what i'd like to know is, is there any showers on the north side of the broads & if so where ? there's nothing worse than having to live with damp on your boat in autumn from the showers, it seems to spread all round your cabin, lori :Stinky

:wave hi all not long now,yey, only 4 weeks to go, can't wait, a full week away from victor meldrew, i mean hubby lol, what i'd like to know is, is there any showers on the north side of the broads & if so where ? there's nothing worse than having to live with damp on your boat in autumn from the showers, it seems to spread all round your cabin, lori :Stinky

Hi Lori,

Richardsons have showers very nice too. It's £1.50 for a token. I give them 9/10 lovely soft water (a luxury for me living in a very hard water area)

There's no hairdryer but a powerful hand drier that the nozzle turns on so dried my hair in seconds. So long as you don't mind the broads look.

Ferry Marina have showers in the swimming pool building which you can pay to use £2.00 5/10. I had forgot my flipflops & the water wasn't draining

very well in them. No hairdryer either just a hand drier you would have to sit on the floor to get under. We couldn't get any moorings there either

but you can moor in LeBoats yard & it's a 5 minute walk.

Barnes have showers too also £2.00 you pay & get the key from the office but I didn't discover these until just as we were about to leave so didn't get

to try them.

I think I read somewhere that the Lion Inn has showers. But as we didn't go there can't confirm.

Hope that helps.

No idea what leaky old tub you are hiring Loz! :grin::grin:

:wave hi littleboat we're hiring san remo from richardsons, i hope it does'nt leak lol, but no matter what boat you hire, moisture always seems to spread to the rest of your boat when you shower onboard. lori :Stinky

we found the ones at Herbert Woods to be very good £1 coing for like 8 to 10 mins of shower time brilliant

the showers at the helska centre are really good but i found far to hot you turn them on within five seconds they get very hot & i was out far to hot for me i bet you could make a cuppa with there water lol...

the VIP's used Richardsons showers twice £1.50 token collect from office they all liked the showers no bad reviews... they all preferred to use the disabled loo & got very good reviews on that front...

we also found showers at Faircraft Loynes but got told they were for private use only even though they were open...

Jonny

:wave hi littleboat we're hiring san remo from richardsons, i hope it does'nt leak lol, but no matter what boat you hire, moisture always seems to spread to the rest of your boat when you shower onboard. lori :Stinky

Lori - Mr Sanderson will be dissapointed! Actually I haven't noticed that dampness as when it gets cold the heating goes on.....full! cheersbar:grin:

Hope you have a fab holiday

hi lozibear, no what you mean but isnt that a part of being on a boat (damp cloths) the showers at horning, potter (herbert wooods) richos and barnes are fine ive used them all. i really like the ones at ferry their really hot,(sorry johny) but you like what you like. if showering at horning treat it like a spar day and have a swim aswell and one of their nice coffes after!! it makes the cold walk back to the boat more enjoyable,!!! have a good trip

hi lozibear, no what you mean but isnt that a part of being on a boat (damp cloths) the showers at horning, potter (herbert wooods) richos and barnes are fine ive used them all. i really like the ones at ferry their really hot,(sorry johny) but you like what you like. if showering at horning treat it like a spar day and have a swim aswell and one of their nice coffes after!! it makes the cold walk back to the boat more enjoyable,!!! have a good trip

yer thats what we did went swimming got showered had something to eat nice food aswell

i have the shower at home on lvl9 most times unless its hot then it will be on 1 for very cold the showers at the helska centre man were hotter than lvl9 way to hot for me i wish the sinks in there were big enough to i could have a bath...

even my dad asked them to turn them down they were that hot... showers in the Waveney river centre just rite not to hot not to cold..

Jonny