Richardsons The Best

FairTmiddlin

There not everyone's cup of tea but I can honestly say I've never had a bad experience with them. When things have gone wrong they act promptly and professionally in my experience. There new designs are some of the most popular boats on the network and there classic fleet always seems busy. So fair play to the team at richardsons. I'd also add the Hemsby holiday park is a nice place to stay now my grandchildren love it. 

• Like 5

As named by Hoseasons!  Sorry, must be my age, but I can’t help having a cynical view here.

Hoseasons would say that seeing as Richo's are their largest client.

Don't know where this Broads National Park is that they refer to though  :default_icon_e_confused:

However, although I rarely hire with Richo's - They do seem to please most of the people most of the time.  Only time I have had dealings with them is after one of their infamous orange bath tubs has collided with 'B.A' and they have always sorted things out promptly and satisfactorily unlike that other popular yard on the river front, next to the Ferry Inn at Horning :default_pcwhack:

Griff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Hoseasons would say that seeing as Richo's are their largest client.

Yes and I also agree with Mouldy, as I am a bit of a cynic as well.

However . . . 

As it is Hoseasons, it will be customer based, on customer feedback.  I was a regular customer of Richardsons until I bought my own boat and I have had nothing but total satisfaction from each experience.  Reasonable prices, boats kept in very good condition regardless of their age and an efficient, friendly and rapid service from competent and obviously well trained staff.

Congratulations to them.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Only time I have had dealings with them is after one of their infamous orange bath tubs has collided with 'B.A' and they have always sorted things out promptly and satisfactorily 

Griff

Me too! They sorted out the orange scuff marks on Chiltern Lady quickly and professionally.

• Like 1

I agree, I think it's more about customer feedback than Hoseasons itself, so I'm not so cynical. Although I've never booked through Hoseasons, I did used to spend a bit of time browsing customer reviews on their site during out hiring days. Some of the older Richardson's boats did come in for a bit of flack, but not as much as some of the older boats in other fleets. Having been on the Broads a bit more frequently now that we are in a syndicate, I'm generally impressed by how well even their older boats are turned out, especially early in the season.

Hi all I don't wish to to put the Damper on Richardson's Hiring and Selling Boats as there's been a change of Directorship with Clive Richardson' now got his own Boat Yard as for his Brother Paul  is now at the Helm also the reins of Holiday Parks due to their Father Passing away will the Customer satisfaction still be there next Season ? I did have a Few issues with Richardson's Boat as they Were very prompt on coming out and dealing wit the problem I'm a very satisfied customer so  I've Booked again for  2022

They're not everyone's cup of tea. And whilst not the personal touch of some smaller yards I can't deny that they have an effective system going on for check in and back out. I often recommend them as a starting point when first timers are asking where to look. Boats of all sizes for all budgets plus you can be fairly sure that the price you pay won't be lowered by special offers closer to the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Heron said:

If I had  been on the BA Lads Week recently, I know where I would be wanting to change the future booking to!

HW engineers got to us and sorted the problems we had quickly and efficiently, and some of those problems they fixed could have been show stoppers. perfecly happy with the service we recieved.

• Like 2

If I had  been on the BA Lads Week recently, I know where I would be wanting to change the future booking to!

Really?

I have looked at other yards other than H.W's out of interest.  If you can find me a hire yard that offers the following, I would have a look at them:-

Three identical boats,   Centre cockpit,  Capable of sleeping six male crew without anyone having to share a bed,  Not using the make up bunks in the communal space,  Large well deck area for fishing gear storage and stern access,  Accepts pets,  Shaft drive,  Free car parking,  Free dinghy,  Free pets onboard,  Sensibly priced,  Two lap dancers per boat per week (Ok, I admit it, the last one is a wish list)

Griff

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Three identical boats,   Centre cockpit,  Capable of sleeping six male crew without anyone having to share a bed,  Not using the make up bunks in the communal space,

It's funny, you could be describing Hearts Cruisers in the 1950s.  Or most other yards, such as Brooms, Powles and yes, Herbert Woods.  I am always interested to see that the basic enjoyment of a Broads holiday has not really changed at all, over the years.

• Like 2

I for one remember the bad days at Stalham and had the displeasure of holidaying with them. I've absolutely no doubt the time spent under ownership of that big corporation damage the family name/brand. But that is a million miles away from where they are today, richardsons isn't just about the senior management or owners it about the team !! 100s of staff across there holiday sites providing great service and customer care, and that hasn't happened by chance. It's a well deserved award voted for by its customers. 

• Like 5

Thinking back to our recent week away, I couldn’t help noticing that the Silverline craft looked as immaculate at the end of the season, as the first week which must be testament to the care and maintenance of the fleet.

Bridgecraft seem to have built an excellent reputation and I was also impressed with the way Clive’s (Richardson) boats are turned out.  They were looking smart too, at the end of a busy season.

Is the award made simply on the number of positive reviews received, because if it is, and based purely on fleet size, Richos really have no competition.  I’m sure there must be some other criteria that are taken into consideration when these awards are made, but I’d be interested to find out what they are.

• Like 1

I noticed bridgecraft boats and clives. I sat at acle last Saturday watching all bridgecraft boats come back in. That's some juggling act fitting all them boats in. I hadn't realised they had so many. What was obvious to me hardly any of there boats had black scuffs on the hulls. Now either all there hirer's are expert helmsman or they clean the hulls on turnaround. Something most yards don't do anymore. Always a good sign in my opinion, hate it when I pick a boat up and it looks like it's been sitting in an oil slick. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andyg said:

I noticed bridgecraft boats and clives. I sat at acle last Saturday watching all bridgecraft boats come back in. That's some juggling act fitting all them boats in. I hadn't realised they had so many. What was obvious to me hardly any of there boats had black scuffs on the hulls. Now either all there hirer's are expert helmsman or they clean the hulls on turnaround. Something most yards don't do anymore. Always a good sign in my opinion, hate it when I pick a boat up and it looks like it's been sitting in an oil slick. 

I was told they had 20 boats (if I remember correctly).

I can assure you that their hirers are not expert helmsmen because they've hired a boat to us.

To be honest when we hired on the Broads before and the boat was looking less than immaculate it didn't bother me. It was quite reassuring in a way because any extra scuffs we picked up wouldn't show. 

58 minutes ago, grendel said:

I have seen the yard staff there going round the hull in a dinghy cleaning down to the waterline.

But not below? I don't know....standards these days.....

• Haha 2

I believe most small and medium yards used to clean the boats top to bottom, nowadays as far as I know only Bridgecraft and Silverline Oh and Summercraft carry out the all over clean, sadly. I think Occasionally some of the larger yards do smarten up some of the posher boats hulls if they get particularly bad, if they have the time.

Neil

• Like 1

We hired from Richardson's for many years prior to buying our own boat and always found the service excellent. We tried another yard one year and the boat was disappointing so went back to Stalham.

The only time our own boat was damaged, was fortunately by a Rico boat and the damaged rubbing strake was repaired (on our mooring) and was invisible. Other than report the damage, we didn't have to do a thing, Rico's just sorted it. 

• Like 2

A hire boat hit my boat while moored on the 24 HR Womack Water moorings around 3 weeks ago.  It snapped the flag on the back, I have given up contacting them as they are not interested. If the damage was more substantial would take further. My boat was moored and it was a right bang on the stern. So don't take things for granted if someone hits you while moored regardless if hire or private, or whether they are award winners or not.