Signal Flags And Swimming Steps

drop over I’m thinking 

I have a few loose ends to sort out she coming out of the water and I am getting a full survey done but when I officially get hold of her I will be more than happy to share photos 

In the mean time just trying to get everything in place can’t wait to start our first cruise in her 

• Like 2

Dropover - Well you can surf the net or hope for help in here.  I got set to and made out own drop over, mainly to act as a recovery for MOB situations, yes they have been used in anger.  I made them long with the bottom rungs weighted.

Now seeing as you are a Bio degradable owner, I would hope you can make them yersen or have a suitable chippy make some up for you?

Griff

BA NBN 872.jpg

BA NBN 873.jpg

BA NBN 874.jpg

17 hours ago, craigmc67 said:

I would like wooden steps I have a boarding ladder but it’s too short 

I would also like old signal flags to match the boats age 1952 to try to keep everything original 

Apart from rare occasions when boats are dressed overall, I have not seen anyone using signa flags on the Broads. 

On 23/10/2021 at 17:05, socrates said:

Apart from rare occasions when boats are dressed overall, I have not seen anyone using signa flags on the Broads. 

They are used all over the Broads to start sailing races and each class of boat has its own code flag.  For the Cruiser class it is numeral 3, which is broken out as the 10 minute gun is fired, followed by flag P (the blue Peter) at the 5 minute gun.  Both flags are lowered at the start gun but the class flag is left at the dip if a boat was "over" at the start.

A lot of yachts use code flags as their racing flag and house flag, possibly the most well known being Forester, when owned by Tony Bentall, who was an ex naval consultant surgeon.  He flew flag M, which had the single letter meaning "doctor on board".

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

They are used all over the Broads to start sailing races and each class of boat has its own code flag.  For the Cruiser class it is numeral 3, which is broken out as the 10 minute gun is fired, followed by flag P (the blue Peter) at the 5 minute gun.  Both flags are lowered at the start gun but the class flag is left at the dip if a boat was "over" at the start.

A lot of yachts use code flags as their racing flag and house flag, possibly the most well known being Forester, when owned by Tony Bentall, who was an ex naval consultant surgeon.  He flew flag M, which had the single letter meaning "doctor on board".

Brown boats (or Broads One Design to give them their proper title) have Z as their class flag. Our boat (no18) also had the class flag as it's pennant. It was suggested by the class comedians that Z was most appropriate when we sailed. 

Z means 'I require a tug'

:facepalm:

• Like 1