Any One Around For The Halloween Weekend

Andrewcook

We’ll be on Moonlight Shadow from Saturday. Never done trick or treat, not even when the kids were little. In the late 80s it felt like a very new import from the US and not a concept we wanted to support. In fact, Graham goes so far as to put a no trick or treat notice on our front door each year. 
Party poopers? Maybe. The whole idea of it seems weird to us. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Sadly no :default_sad:

Spitfire flying this Friday  :default_beerchug: - Hopefully fingers crossed, therefore having to work Saturday as a consequence.

'B.A' is out on the rivers till about this Thursday

Griff

Oh wow - the time has come around  

I hope it all goes to plan this time  make sure you take and share lots of pictures  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

We’ll be on Moonlight Shadow from Saturday. Never done trick or treat, not even when the kids were little. In the late 80s it felt like a very new import from the US and not a concept we wanted to support. In fact, Graham goes so far as to put a no trick or treat notice on our front door each year. 
Party poopers? Maybe. The whole idea of it seems weird to us. 

I’m not a fan, either.  It’s just another excuse for retailers to sell more disposable tat and bags of sweets.  We used to just have firework night - that was our early winter celebration, but now have imported hallowe’en from America and have that too.

• Like 3

Yes, I remember kids going around begging for ‘penny for the guy’ around 5th November. It’s a shame that our older traditions seem to have been overtaken. I’m sure the younger generation haven’t a clue that trick or treat is just an import. 

• Like 2

I suppose the idea of burning someone alive just because they were going to blow up parliament too much in this day and age!

so now it’s demanding money with menaces! 
Blame the film ET for introducing the idea to the Uk big time. 

Now we’ve got a paraffin heater to keep us warmer we will be out and about 

• Like 1