New Hire Boats For 2022

RS2021

26 minutes ago, PaulN said:

I saw Clive's new boat in the boat shed yesterday. She looks stunning (and big) with grey hull and white superstructure. No dual steer or sun deck, but traditional centre cock pit with sliding drop down roof for Wroxham Bridge compatability. Centre engine with shaft drive. Look forward to seeing her complete.  

There's a little bit more grey to be added as well 😉 

18 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Did anyone else notice it's right hand drive or starboard helm?

Or maybe they all are now and I have missed the boat (again)

Yes, I noticed that. The only reason I could think of would be to allow the upper helm to be port. But I can't see that with the galley and corridor position. So why do it that way and not flip the layout? I also noticed there is a separate rear door and patio doors for the rear cabin. I hope there is access from the interior to the upper deck without having to use the rear steps.

I do get the market for luxury four berth boats. So many boats have one good cabin and a smaller one making life difficult for two couples. This boat does look very nice, but as has been said elsewhere, prices do look steep.

6 hours ago, Graham47 said:

It is interesting to see that Fair Regal is showing availability and price through to the end of December. 

Yes I noticed that, be interesting to see if anyone hires her that late into the year. That said HW have had a fair few boats out over the last few weeks bridgecraft have also had boats out. To be fair our winter months are nowhere near as harsh as they use to be generally speaking and if you already have staff working on the yard and conditions are fair, why not send the boats out. I'm sure the seasonal cleaners would be glad of extra income and any extra income for the yard has to be a bonus. Another 10 years time and winter cruising could become popular what with our climate getting ever warmer. 

15 hours ago, SwanR said:

Ferry Marina are now offering the chance of discounts if you phone them to enquire about hiring now. No idea how much discount though. 

Hope you’re enjoying your time afloat David. 

I am Jean, though it's quite cold at times. It went down to 2c Monday into Tuesday, and delight of delights, it's forecast -1c for tonight!. For my third trip running, I've managed to be aboard when a storm is forecast for the end of the week. Storm Arwen is due to hit on Saturday, so I'm high-tailing it back home tomorrow (Friday). Didn't fancy driving home through storm force winds. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, andyg said:

Shame your cutting your trip short David, hope you enjoyed your time afloat. I'd love to cruise the broads in off season, I often find myself rushed when up north. A bit like driving round the M25

Yes, still had a great time, and it's completely different to "season" cruising. No rush for moorings, even though I needed to be near an electric post each night. Pubs generally still open and serving food (I missed the Norada at Potter, which is only opening Friday to Monday during the winter). I visited The Bridge Inn at Acle for the first time in the winter, following the installation of the electric posts the other side of the bridge. It was still quite busy, though they had closed the restaurant off, which concentrated people in the bar area. I preferred it to be honest. More life! I'll get to posting a bit of a travelogue and some images next week. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Polly said:

It’s a nice little wooden dayboat. As I recall,  Terry and Brian (boatbuilders)restored it in the last months that Jason was at LBBY and Terry took it down to Upton with him. 

I think that’s the dayboat Peggoty.  Moorhen was bought by them earlier this year I think, and is used for picnic trips. They also have Sedgemoor which should be ready next year for RYA courses. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andrewcook said:

Herbert Wood has got a New Boat Called sovereign light I believe? 

No Andrew sovereign is a few years old now. They have ruby 2 new for 22 and possibly another new compact cruiser. There was talk of another gleaming light sedan, but not sure if that's happening. 

On 15/12/2021 at 10:22, andyg said:

No Andrew sovereign is a few years old now. They have ruby 2 new for 22 and possibly another new compact cruiser. There was talk of another gleaming light sedan, but not sure if that's happening. 

Gleaming Light looks very nice - any idea what boat it is ?

19 minutes ago, Captain said:

Hi Bikertov, yes the 2 Gleaming Lights are Broom 35 coupes as suggested. They were fitted out by Woods and launched in 2019 and 2021

Neil

They are stunning - even better than the Haines 32 I really would love to have. 

All I need to work out is which of our mothers we bump off first, for the inheritance to buy it 👹

My kids said why don't I rob a bank instead ...

Stupid youth of today - don't they know that:

a) there very few banks even left on the high street, and

b) as we live in such a cashless society none have anything to rob anyway 🤣

• Haha 1