New Hire Boats For 2022

RS2021

11 minutes ago, andyg said:

I think they went up for sale last summer, I thought about them last year but didn't act on it. 

I'd seen the 29 and the 42 up for sale, but not the 35. It probably makes more sense to sell the 35 as the two boats they've built recently fit into this market segment.

10 minutes ago, RS2021 said:

I'd seen the 29 and the 42 up for sale, but not the 35. It probably makes more sense to sell the 35 as the two boats they've built recently fit into this market segment.

Although they are incredibly well maintained boats, some are quite dated internally and would need some updating in my opinion. As for the 42 ft I'm sure one was completely refitted a few years back but I can't remember which one. That said they'd definitely be a good bye. 

12 hours ago, RS2021 said:

Silverline have recently updated their website and the new Silver Saphire is now showing. Interestingly I three boats are no longer showing, all Alpha CCs. A 29, a 35 and a 42 have all left the fleet. Looks like there will be three proud new owners out there.

All the Alpha CCs seem to be the website now. 

• Confused 1

I agree both the Hoseasons and Silver line websites exclude these three Alphas as far as I can see. I wasn't aware that Eclipse was going particularly as it's 6 years newer than Mirage however Mirage was refitted in 2018 therefore may have been in better condition. 

Neil

Looking at my latest snapshot of boats still available to hire in 2022, it looks like demand will indeed be less this year. That's not surprising of course, now that booking channels for overseas are recovering. I think 2020 and 2021 will prove to have been golden years in terms of Broads visitor numbers, and that things will return to pre-pandemic booking levels over the next year or so. Here are the figures I have up until today, together with the description below of what dates I compare.

Just to explain that these are my own rough and ready numbers. I take them twice monthly, and only across public holidays and the peak season. They are also based on boat classes, not individual numbers. So they are not scientific, and only  offer a hint as to what's happening. But in the absence of official figures, perhaps they're better than nothing! 

There were 767 of these boats still available at this time last year, compared to 890 this year for the sampled weeks.  it's complicated now because of the number of boats that Richardsons withdrew from service. I think there has been a net reduction of 15 boat classes (probably 130 boats) since last year. As they were mostly older, larger craft, it's reasonable to assume most would not have been booked out at this stage. So we need to add back in about around 100 boats to compare like for like. So as a percentage. that's 16% more boats still available to book than at this time last year - worse if you add the 100 boats back in.

Interestingly, the summer holiday weeks are well down. That's the six weeks from the 23rd July. Last year, 433 boats were still available to book. This year, it's 618 remaining. That's 42% more boats than last year, still available to book. 

It looks as though the boatyards are going to have it a lot tougher this year. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Thanks for that David, and it doesn't surprise me.  I see that big boats from Le Boat are now priced at around 4000€ a week, plus all the extras.  Best of luck with that!

Hello Vaughan, Le Boat have always been overpriced and the none refundable extra's add a great deal to the price.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

.... Richardsons withdrew from service. I think there has been a net reduction of 15 boat classes (probably 130 boats) since last year. As they were mostly older, larger craft.....So as a percentage. that's 16% more boats still available to book than at this time last year - worse if you add the 100 boats back in....

I don't think Richardsons have retired anywhere near 130 or 100 boats since October though?

• Like 1

They had 248 boats for hire last season. So that's approximately 30 boats sold on,or withdrawn. Clearly the boats sold on were no longer viable. No point in having a dead dog sitting about. Some of the newish platinum fleet are paid for now and they are reaping the rewards. Richardsons seem to enjoy a much longer season then some yards. So good luck to them.. 

I spoke to Dan at bridgecraft some weeks ago about hiring golden Bridge. A boat they brought out of retirement last season. I do love them small bounty boats. There just perfect for our needs. I'd forgotten all about it tbh, we've been chasing about looking for our own boat. We'll this lunch time Mark from bridgecraft called me  following up our inquiry. Dan told me that they were still working out pricing and they'd be in touch. He wasn't wrong, personally I think that's great customer service. So were booked. I'm gonna take my chq book, you just never know.. 

• Like 1

Hi 

I agree that Richardson's have sold/withdrawn about 15 classes at the end of last season plus 1 other boat however according to my calcs that is about 29/30 boats as Andy has suggested

Acapulco X2, Blue Horizon x1 Blue Gem X 1, Antigua x1,  Challenger X 4, Clear Horizon X 4, Jamaica X 1, Mermaid X 1, Monarch x1, Pearl X 1, Pink Champagne, San Bernardette, Superior Gem X5, Trinidad, Southern Gem X 2, Voyager, White Champagne,

On the plus side they have added 5 second hand boats in the past year or so plus I believe Andy mentioned about possibly 1 new boat

Neil

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

Just to explain that these are my own rough and ready numbers. I take them twice monthly, and only across public holidays and the peak season. They are also based on boat classes, not individual numbers. So they are not scientific, and only  offer a hint as to what's happening. But in the absence of official figures, perhaps they're better than nothing! 

There were 767 of these boats still available at this time last year, compared to 890 this year for the sampled weeks.  it's complicated now because of the number of boats that Richardsons withdrew from service. I think there has been a net reduction of 15 boat classes (probably 130 boats) since last year. As they were mostly older, larger craft, it's reasonable to assume most would not have been booked out at this stage. So we need to add back in about around 100 boats to compare like for like. So as a percentage. that's 16% more boats still available to book than at this time last year - worse if you add the 100 boats back in.

Sorry, some confusion here. I'm not referring to actual boat numbers, more boat week availability that I monitor over the 9 weeks. Here goes:
The numbers I give are based on the 9 weeks I track across the summer, including bank holidays and the summer school break. For those nine weeks, 15 boat classes are no longer available to book. So 9 x 15 = 135 (less the 5 boats they bought last year, makes it 130). I assumed some of those boats might have already been booked by this time last year, so thought it fair to say there would have been around 100 more boats across the 9 weeks to add back to the total.

I'm not able to tell how many boats are left in each class, as the Hoseasons system doesn't show this. So I can only ever work on classes (as stated in the explainer above). That's OK, as I'm just comparing against the same critieria from the previous year.  So I should have written "I think there has been a net reduction of 15 boat classes (adding up to probably 130 boat weeks across the dates I monitor) 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Broads01 said:

This looks rather nice. It's not cheap but it's not mega bucks either and it's good to see a brand new compact boat because they're few and far between.

https://www.ferry-marina.co.uk/holiday-cruisers/sleeps-2-to-4/onyx-emblem/?arrivaldate=2023-04-01&duration=7&flexibility=3&sleeps=2

I wonder if it’s this one that’s been on the market since last autumn:

https://www.nya.co.uk/boats-for-sale/ferry-marina-27-aft-cockpit/

If you can’t sell it, bung it in the hire fleet!

• Like 1