New Hire Boats For 2022

RS2021

• 2 weeks later...

White Heron just added to the Hoseasons site. It's a Broom Captain by the looks of it, but for two people. The fuel inclusive icon is not currently showing, but it is new, and will probably be added when Brooms rfeview it.

https://www.hoseasons.co.uk/boat-holidays/broom-holidays-limited-brmb/white-heron-bh2728?adult=2&nights=7&range=3&start=23-10-2021&sortorder=12

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

And if you want it in August it'll set you back £2640 for 2 people. A bargain it is not.

I've been looking at kris cruisers this morning, there prices are quite favorable compared to the broads at this point in time. If we don't manage to purchase a boat this year I may give them a try next year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Don’t get excited it’s only a Broom captain with 2 fold up bikes and an executive mattress.. wifi ..oh and Towels 🤣🤣🤣..

They have seriously lost the plot big time and there prices is absolute joke.. 

0E926BD8-A9F1-4365-9FD8-26372D7CFAAF.png

There not the only ones, some of the price's out there are ridiculous for boats of this size and berths offered. I can see some having to offer discounts later in the season or there just going to have boats gathering cobwebs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andyg said:

I've been looking at kris cruisers this morning, there prices are quite favorable compared to the broads

I agree and that says a lot about Broads prices because I used to think Kris Cruisers prices seemed overly high. As it happens I'm booked with them for the first time this June.

• Like 1

I have to agree, I am also booked with Kris Cruisers for Easter. Okay the boats aren't cheap however they are immaculate quality boats they have everything you need including the towels that Brooms are making a big deal about. They haven't massively increased their prices and continue to offer early booking discounts and this in spite of having higher operating costs and licences than the Broads yards. If you look at the online availablity the boats are largely booked out with between 17 and 27 weeks gone already pretty impressive in these tough times with the foreign markets open again and I suspect somewhat better than some Broads yards and deservedly so.

Neil

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Captain said:

I have to agree, I am also booked with Kris Cruisers for Easter. Okay the boats aren't cheap however they are immaculate quality boats they have everything you need including the towels that Brooms are making a big deal about. They haven't massively increased their prices and continue to offer early booking discounts and this in spite of having higher operating costs and licences than the Broads yards. If you look at the online availablity the boats are largely booked out with between 17 and 27 weeks gone already pretty impressive in these tough times with the foreign markets open again and I suspect somewhat better than some Broads yards and deservedly so.

Neil

Totally agree, when I looked yesterday they have very little availability for this season. They also operate a large very popular day boat fleet as well. I agree with Simon as well I found myself not surprised by there hire tariffs. I've only done the Thames once and that was years ago with new horizon holidays @ thames Ditton. I found the whole experience to be fantastic and the scenery is absolutely brilliant, I'd have to hire a dual steer though to fully enjoy the veiws. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

White Heron just added to the Hoseasons site. It's a Broom Captain by the looks of it, but for two people. The fuel inclusive icon is not currently showing, but it is new, and will probably be added when Brooms rfeview it.

https://www.hoseasons.co.uk/boat-holidays/broom-holidays-limited-brmb/white-heron-bh2728?adult=2&nights=7&range=3&start=23-10-2021&sortorder=12

That would be my dream boat to own on the Broads.

Now, where was that spare £250k that I had lying around ....

8 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

Bloomy. Eck. that Boat White Heron is very expensive to Hire I would rather go to Richardson's or other yards for Mid Range Boats

Hi Andrew agree about heron but not so sure your right about richardsons classic fleet. Just one example, our friends have hired bright horizon for a week next August. 1400 quid all in. The boat is 40 odd years old and offers a no frills experience on the broads. That's not a dig at the company or boat it's just a simple fact. Yards are in my opinion starting to price themselves out of the UK holiday Market.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, andyg said:

Hi Andrew agree about heron but not so sure your right about richardsons classic fleet. Just one example, our friends have hired bright horizon for a week next August. 1400 quid all in. The boat is 40 odd years old and offers a no frills experience on the broads. That's not a dig at the company or boat it's just a simple fact. Yards are in my opinion starting to price themselves out of the UK holiday Market.

I agree fully with you.

We have said a few times that we can't warrant the cost of hiring on the Broads with today's prices.

Viscount the boat we hired a few years ago, is now over a grand out of season never mind mid season. We just don't think that the boat warrants that money. The exterior was tired when we last hired it but we didn't pay loads to hire it at the end of the season. We would not be happy hiring the same boat in the same condition for some £1200 a week now!!

9 hours ago, andyg said:

I'd have to hire a dual steer though to fully enjoy the veiws. 

I'm a dual steer man too, Andy and I think on the southern Broads in particular they really come in to their own. On the Thames, though, the vistas are invariably not so open as the Broads and reeds along the bank are far fewer, so I'd question if dual steer gave much of an advantage.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, andyg said:

I'd have to hire a dual steer though to fully enjoy the veiws. 

It's also worth remembering on the Thames that it is standard practice to switch off engines in locks and control the boat on ropes whilst filling/ emptying. No problem with a crew of three or more, but if there are only two of you to be able to easily get to and from either rope from the steering position makes life a lot easier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Broads01 said:

I'm a dual steer man too, Andy and I think on the southern Broads in particular they really come in to their own. On the Thames, though, the vistas are invariably not so open as the Broads and reeds along the bank are far fewer, so I'd question if dual steer gave much of an advantage.

From what I remember Simon I couldn't argue that, as a group though i think we would enjoy it even more sat on top plodding along a cold drink and just chilling. We need to keep the ladies happy 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RS2021 said:

It's also worth remembering on the Thames that it is standard practice to switch off engines in locks and control the boat on ropes whilst filling/ emptying. No problem with a crew of three or more, but if there are only two of you to be able to easily get to and from either rope from the steering position makes life a lot easier.

Ah,  I think you might have answered what was puzzling me!  Never been on the Thames but this thread got me thinking about it.  We always hire dual steer and usually a 42 footer on the Broads.  Lady Annalise on the Kris Cruisers website looked just the bees knees but they stipulate a minimum of 3 adults!  Drat - we're just two adults (most of the time :default_rofl:). 

Chris

1 hour ago, CeePee1952 said:

Ah,  I think you might have answered what was puzzling me!  Never been on the Thames but this thread got me thinking about it.  We always hire dual steer and usually a 42 footer on the Broads.  Lady Annalise on the Kris Cruisers website looked just the bees knees but they stipulate a minimum of 3 adults!  Drat - we're just two adults (most of the time :default_rofl:). 

Chris

If you go for one of the smaller ones you'll be fine with 2 people, it's just the larger ones have 3 adults as a minimum.

• Like 1

Strange that on the Broads we always hire 42 footers (just the two of us) and I would have thought the southern broads are more tidal than the stretch of the "non-tidal" Thames that Kris cruisers allows you to navigate?  Maybe I'm missing something?  Anyway - think we'll stick to the Broads :default_icon_e_biggrin:

Chris

I suspect it’s due to the locks for safety reasons.  

The Thames is usually fairly calm, if it does go into flood some parts make Yarmouth look tame, although hire boats are not allowed to travel unless a suitably experienced skipper is at the helm.

• Like 2

We had our holiday cancelled the same morning we were due to travel in fact the car had just been  loaded and good to go Oct  2020, we were to be on the Kriss cruisers new boat Victoria as the river had gone into flood. 

John 

• Like 1