Prince Of Light - Herbert Woods

750XL

More of a post for anyone who happens to stumble across it through search engines etc than a full in depth review, but hey ho, it may help someone.

Me and the missus just had a great 11 nights on 'Prince of Light' from Herbert Woods. No problems at all with the boat so had minimal contact with HW, but they were very good on handover covering everything we needed to know. Admittedly we've been on the broads a few times before so we set off without a river trial and on our way to Womack for the night.

Boat is small but perfectly suited for a couple, in my opinion. Bed was comfy and despite the window being left open (condensation) during October it stayed pretty snug in there throughout the night. Extra blanket and hot water bottle goes a long way. 

Toilet and shower a bit on the small side but nothing to be too worried about. Full water flush was a bit hit and miss at times so a cup of water helped get those larger movements moving.... if you catch my drift!

Decorated beautifully both inside and out and was an absolute easy to drive, as well as being very quiet. We had no issues getting on/off despite the water levels.

Warm air heating was fantastic though we didn't use it much as I thought the engine had to be running at the time, which it doesn't.

Nice little seating area outside which I found ideal for fishing.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend HW and Prince of Light.

Hope to use them again soon

• Like 5

We had number 2, your review is spot on. They are a fantastic value for money boat fitted out to a very good standard. Even down to both the front and rear well being light with blue led lights at night ( nice little touch for a small boat ) get where you coming from about the shower, but to be expected on this size boat. They have made little improvements on the newer ruby and adventuring lights. Tv mounted to the bulk head in rear cabin better fabric on saloon seats an additional platform on the stern etc. I can really see why they are proving so popular. Get in quick for next year as all 3 classes of this design are already very heavily booked for 22. I've already tried to book Ruby 2 ( newest boat ) no luck lol...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cal said:

It is nice to see a hire fleet that is including "elite fleet" smaller couples boats.

Too often the fleets concentrate on providing larger premium boats and forget the 2 berth boats.

Absolutely, I really do think they have hit the nail on the head with this boat/design.  There are more planned and they haven't been to silly with the pricing. I believe there are currently 7 in the fleet and they let very well.