My New Project

AndyTBoater

Never before, in the field of human conflict, has one man managed to get one small mix of epoxy spread over such a huge area!

Today we witnessed greatness. 

Ladies and gentlemen I kid you not. Andy T Boater began by gluing 7 pieces of preformed wood together. For good measure he then glued all 7 to the premade former. No messing here, not a bit of spillage, he absolutely glued it from one end to the other. During this process he also liberally covered 5 sash clamps, and a collection  of g clamps before adding some 'guide blocks' and 'support blocks' also suitably coated. 

His efforts didn't cease there, oh no, he then glued his gloves to the job and the whole assembly to the bench! As a finale he glued the tops of both taps while trying to wash his hands after discovering he could no longer get his coat off after epoxying the inside of the arm to his skin.... at the elbow!! :facepalm:

Our resident boat builder just sighed knowingly.

Tinkers launch date has been put back a week. It's going to take about 5 days to cut the job out of the former and a day to make a replacement former. We also need a day to cut Andy free from his Jag which I have no doubt he is still attached to having had the heater on which will have cured the glue he was wearing when he left. 

Oh yes, the workshop door handle, he got that too as we discovered later.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

Never before, in the field of human conflict, has one man managed to get one small mix of epoxy spread over such a huge area!

Today we witnessed greatness. 

Ladies and gentlemen I kid you not. Andy T Boater began by gluing 7 pieces of preformed wood together. For good measure he then glued all 7 to the premade former. No messing here, not a bit of spillage, he absolutely glued it from one end to the other. During this process he also liberally covered 5 sash clamps, and a collection  of g clamps before adding some 'guide blocks' and 'support blocks' also suitably coated. 

His efforts didn't cease there, oh no, he then glued his gloves to the job and the whole assembly to the bench! As a finale he glued the tops of both taps while trying to wash his hands after discovering he could no longer get his coat off after epoxying the inside of the arm to his skin.... at the elbow!! :facepalm:

Our resident boat builder just sighed knowingly.

Tinkers launch date has been put back a week. It's going to take about 5 days to cut the job out of the former and a day to make a replacement former. We also need a day to cut Andy free from his Jag which I have no doubt he is still attached to having had the heater on which will have cured the glue he was wearing when he left. 

Oh yes, the workshop door handle, he got that too as we discovered later.

And the problem is????

I can't see why the boat can't be redesigned to incorporate everything glued together so far, including the bench and workshop door handle. May be a way of hiding any mistakes; only the keen eyed would notice.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, floydraser said:

And the problem is????

I can't see why the boat can't be redesigned to incorporate everything glued together so far, including the bench and workshop door handle. May be a way of hiding any mistakes; only the keen eyed would notice.

I am concerned that when it comes to launch time, either the trailer will go in the water with the boat, all glued together as one, or it will never launch at all as it will be still glued to the quayside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

I am concerned that when it comes to launch time, either the trailer will go in the water with the boat, all glued together as one, or it will never launch at all as it will be still glued to the quayside.

Glued to the quayside is definite possibility. I am aware that JA has sold tickets for the launch/ sinking event already.

I am also aware that the sweepstake related to how long it will float is (like their expectations for Tinker) filling up fast.

I shall put my 50p on it never sinking

I am still enough of sound mind to think that if it doesn't go in the water it cant sink. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 1 month later...

Lovejoy is currently demanding Andy's total attention having discovered some issues that will make your hair curl. 

I shall let him tell the tale but, just to prove normal service continues,  he managed to stand on the end of an unsupported floor board the other day, proper Laurel and Hardy style, and catapulted himself, backside first, into the bilges where he became stuck fast!

Having checked he wasn't dead, you can only watch someone's legs flailing around in mid air for so long before it becomes cruel and so we lifted him out and set him back to work.

By the way, he's changed his car. Well I guess you can only spend so much of your life chipping glue off the interior....

• Haha 2