For Those That Moor In Brundall

OldBerkshireBoy

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, floydraser said:

Were you there first Kev? :default_beerchug:

:default_biggrin:, far from it Ray more like one of the first 100 through the doors. For those thinking of visiting it is now card payments only, beer prices are very reasonable but I did hear a grumble about the price of wine and our four legged friends are welcome in both bars at the present time.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Has your wallet or card ever suffered a flat battery and do they still work if dropped in water?

My wallet has been flat and the cards do still work when wet... 😂😂😂

But I take your point 👍🍺

20 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I do wonder if anyone selling food products can legally refuse cash, it is the legal currency of the UK, everything else is just an iou based on it.

I guess it must be legal or they wouldnt do it.

1 minute ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

It seems that now most things have to be done on line,many events are ticket only.There is an assumption that everyone  has a smartphone,computer and a Bank account. Wrong many don't and that may be NORMAL for many years to come.

Havent event tickets been brought online since the 90`s and having no bank account generally means no job offers,

Just now, Smoggy said:

So when having meals and drinks on a tab what happens when you bring out cash at the end with no card option?

That's a very good point. If you have the cash then you legally have the means and the intent to pay. I would think it becomes awkward but I doubt you could be presecuted. Unless by ignoring the card payment only notice, you are in breach of an agreement. Still, better just to take the cash rather than lose customers and reputation.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

I guess it must be legal or they wouldnt do it.

Havent event tickets been brought online since the 90`s and having no bank account generally means no job offers,

There are a number of Christmas events in and around locally. Tickets  on line .Not so long ago you could  pay on the door.Many older  people  don't have a bank account. So there not looking for work.There is an assumption as I said that everyone  is able to access tec.That is not true and is unfair  to those without  tec.

I don't have a problem with card-only myself and there's no tech involved in carrying a card. Given that there are costs to a business for handling cash if it helps them keep prices down I'm all for it. I think over the next few years we'll see cash disappear in the way that cheques have.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

There are a number of Christmas events in and around locally. Tickets  on line .Not so long ago you could  pay on the door.Many older  people  don't have a bank account. So there not looking for work.There is an assumption as I said that everyone  is able to access tec.That is not true and is unfair  to those without  tec.

With the closure of so many local banks, I would think that the ability to pay by card is fairly much a necessity.  I know that some banking can be done at post office counters, but they cannot offer the same level of service as your bank used to.

Its a fast changing world and increasingly we are going to have to get on board with the ‘progress’ that those changes bring.

• Like 1

i recently went to a pub in central london, where it was order your drinks by smart phone app, as i did not have one i went to the bar and ordered my drinks and food, my colleague was still trying to connect by phone and order when my drink and food arrived, apparently the phone signal in the pub was abysmal, in the end she gave up and went to the bar and ordered.

I too find the assumption that everyone has a smart phone to be outrageous, and even if i did have one, it would not be linked to my bank account in any way.

oh and now the new notes are plastic, they dry out well after a dunking too.

on the parking apps, they do allow at some ringo sites to connect via a computer when you get home and pay retrospectively, you have to input the time you arrived and left.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, marshman said:

but why oh why do we have to download Apps to park???

I read an article in the press recently, that there is no point in owning an electric car unless you have a smartphone, to work the charging points.  That is, if you can find one that works.

I have also found that you can usually tell when a pub is about to lose its present tenants, as the card machine has suddenly "broken down" and you have to pay cash.

I don't have a smart phone well actually that's not strictly true. I do have one buried deep in the drawer to which I consigned it after struggling with it for a month. Something had to go it  was   either that thoroughly unsmart phone or my sanity and I was keen to hang onto what little of the latter I still have.

Carole

• Haha 5