Covid19 Booster

3 hours ago, grendel said:

ours is a company wide event- maybe 200+ attending, with the years awards ceremony, we have just received instructions, and they advise a lateral flow test 48 hours before and a second the day before to comply with guidance for indoor events.

I bet the atmosphere at your do must be electric, and when it's time to leave, you're all gone in a flash :default_rofl:

Went to get our Covid boosters yesterday, as Graham wanted to get his before travelling up to Anglesey to see his Dad. We hadn’t made appointments, but just turned up at the main vaccination centre near the city centre. There was a bit of a queue to get in, and I was wondering if they would let us in, as it was clear that most of the people in the queue had appointments, but there wasn’t any problem and we didn’t have to wait longer than anyone else. All very well organised. 

I don’t normally get reactions to inoculations, but I feel completely grotty today. This morning I felt really achy and could hardly lift my boostered arm (fortunately my left). Thankfully it’s starting to feel better now. Having had AZ for the first two, we had Pfizer for the booster.

Just a note regarding reactions (side effects) to the jabs. I and most people I know have had jabs in the afternoon and the reactions have been for the most part, the next day. This time my booster was 9.30 in the morning and the sore arm started later in the early evening making it difficult to get a good night's sleep. Given a choice in the future I'll take an afternoon appoinment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Oooo I am hearing this from a lot of people. AZ first then Pfizer = feeling unwell!! That will be me next week. And I’m hoping that any walk ins don’t hold up my appointment! 😂😂

Had mine two weeks ago yesterday, originals AZ booster Modena. Apart from a slight ache in my upper arm for 2 1/2 days nothing else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ray said:

Side effects are interesting, it seems different folks react differently to each vaccine.

I had Pfizer/BioNTech for all 3 and after each one I felt like I had flu for a week! Pretty unpleasant but much better than the alternative.

It is odd how different folk react, both my wife and me had Pfizer for all 3 jabs. I had absolutely no side affects my wife did, but only after her first jab. But like you say far better then the potential alternative. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My first 2 jabs were AZ, and my booster was Pfizer.

All 3 were given early evening.

After the first, I felt rough and flu-like the next day, for about 24 hours. The second I don't recall any reaction, and the booster (with the Flu jab at the same time, in the same arm) just gave me a sore arm for a few days, like I had been punched.

• Thanks 1

I had Astra Zeneca for the first two with no side effects and Moderna booster 10 days ago. My arm has been hot, tender, swollen and very itchy ever since, no sign of abating yet, but thankfully not stopping me working. My sister was in bed for a week aftrer her booster with same vaccines, but two friends had no effects at all. So I think it's just the luck of the draw.

incidentally, I tested positive on a PCR test in September. I had a headache for 3 days (not unusual to be honest) and a negative lateral flow test, and no other symptoms ( in fact my temp was 35.9, certainly not 'high temperature'), but a PCR test of the same sample, collected when at a screening clinic for a medical trial, was positive. By the time I was told the result, the headache had gone and I felt fine again. Just had to have the remainder of the 10 days at home! Not sure what this says about the efficacy of lateral flow tests versus PCR tests. 

Off topic, except to say that today is not getting better, even though I’m feeling better. We had a call mid-afternoon to say the fire service had been called to my father in law’s house In Anglesey, a fire upstairs caused by an electrical fault. So we have had a frantic afternoon trying to get hold of his social worker (her day off of course), eventually managed to get hold of another, but haven’t heard back yet. Just had a call from a fire service guy who is trying to get hold of an electrician to make the house safe. His neighbours have taken Dad in for the night, but they are due to go on holiday tomorrow morning.

Aaaargh!

On a brighter note, my youngest son is due to arrive this evening from Bournemouth. Looking forward to seeing him. 

• Sad 5

53 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Off topic, except to say that today is not getting better, even though I’m feeling better. We had a call mid-afternoon to say the fire service had been called to my father in law’s house In Anglesey, a fire upstairs caused by an electrical fault. So we have had a frantic afternoon trying to get hold of his social worker (her day off of course), eventually managed to get hold of another, but haven’t heard back yet. Just had a call from a fire service guy who is trying to get hold of an electrician to make the house safe. His neighbours have taken Dad in for the night, but they are due to go on holiday tomorrow morning.

Aaaargh!

On a brighter note, my youngest son is due to arrive this evening from Bournemouth. Looking forward to seeing him. 

Sorry to hear this and can really sympathise, elderly relatives raise our stress levels so high at times.

Have a great visit with your son to balance things out 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SwanR said:

Oooo I am hearing this from a lot of people. AZ first then Pfizer = feeling unwell!! That will be me next week. And I’m hoping that any walk ins don’t hold up my appointment! 😂😂

Wouldn’t worry, Jean.  Both the wife and I had the AZ jabs originally, with no side effects.  I was Pfizered when I had my booster and struggled to lift my left arm for a couple of days (good job I lift my mug or beer glass with my right) and the wife had the Moderna booster.  She had flu like symptoms for a couple of days after and did feel grotty, but either way, it’s better to have the protection than not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

either way, it’s better to have the protection than not.

Definitely. Glad to hear I’ve not been the only one struggling to raise the arm that received the booster. I hadn’t been expecting that.

Update on my father in law from his neighbour. So (the wonderful) fire service managed to find an electrician to make the house safe and have dried the place out sufficiently for him to stay there tonight. What’s in store tomorrow? We have no idea.

Oh, and the neighbour mentioned he’d caught him trying to put out the (electrical) fire with water. He’d obviously forgotten the fire extinguisher located in the kitchen.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Glad to hear I’ve not been the only one struggling to raise the arm that received the booster. I hadn’t been expecting that.

Just for balance, I had 3 x Pfizer jabs and didn't have adverse effects with any of them. Must be specific to each person. 

• Like 1

On 30/11/2021 at 08:41, grendel said:

ours is a company wide event- maybe 200+ attending, with the years awards ceremony, we have just received instructions, and they advise a lateral flow test 48 hours before and a second the day before to comply with guidance for indoor events.

well first lateral flow completed with a negative (probably since I havent been out of the house since saturday)

• Like 1

We've just been to Fosse park, Leicester to do a bit of Christmas shopping, avoiding the crowds. Just two shops, M&S and Asda. No prominent signs regarding masks at either and about a third of customers and some staff in Asda weren't wearing them. A staff member told us they have been told not to challenge anyone about it.

So either there are an awful lot of people out there with "medical conditions" or if you can't be bothered just don't.

Pfizer for all 3 jabs here. First one, last February- no symptoms other than a sore arm for a day. Second one, May - sore arm for 1 day plus transient "flu" symptoms the following day. Booster, November - sore arm for 3 days plus felt very tired for 5.  

On masks, everyone seemed to be wearing them in our Sainsburys this morning with the exception of the security man who's task was to stand by the door telling people to wear masks! I think someone must have complained because when we came out of the shop he was gone, replaced by a female member of Sainsbury's staff who was handing masks out to anyone who arrived without one. 

I visited a few outlets today in between floor / wall tiling, - A national upvc supplier - No one wearing masks either staff or customers.  An electrical trade supplier - same,  My own normal tile supplier - same - Bolloxing issued from me. Another Tile supply outlet, both staff and customers wearing masks.  Our local Spar shop - all wearing masks

Griff

• Like 1