Covid19 Booster

I do apologise to YnysMon for our wanderings off this thread!

Trouble is, If I hear much more about the perceived necessity of wearing a disposable nappy on my face, I think I will go round the twist.

Nor am I prepared to suffer the submissive indignity, in full public view in a ferry port or airport, of having some petty official of unknown qualification (other than a hi-viz jacket) poking a cotton bud up my nose.

Until we get back to normal human interaction again, we are not travelling.

You have got to just love this forum.    Question:-  Name a connection between Covid19 Booster and Potter Heigham Bridge?   I think we would be here all day.    

Please dont ever change.

I will just add that my view of the NHS is starting to wane.    Sister due for the District Nurse visit, appointment made, not kept , finally arrived 2 days later.    Saw my sister and took her bloods which she had a job to do, put it as urgent and left. Sister now so weak she can hardly walk, never mind the stairs to get to the toilet.     This should have been dealt with in October when I first mentioned how ill my sister is.      I can see nothing but hopelessness now.     She has had to cancel the flu and Covid Booster because she is so weak.

• Sad 2

I thought I would post this here instead of on our "Newfies Afloat" holiday tale as it is covid related and shows how difficult it is for anyone to understand what is right, what is wrong, what you should do and what you shouldn't do!

The current situation is ludicrous!

Julie and I are both double jabbed, will wear masks if required, have our booster booked in for 19th December and will just go with the flow

So what is my point?

Last night we walked from the moorings at Loddon and made our way to the King's Head for a couple of drinks

No masks were worn by anyone and there were plenty of customers enjoying their evening

A few customers came over to chat and cuddle Roxy and Yogi and we had a lovely time 

It was as though normality had returned

A couple of drinks later, I walked across the road to the chippy (limmys plaice), I put my mask on and noted that there was a sign on the door stating only one customer allowed in the chippy at a time

There was nobody in so I entered and I noted that the 3 staff all wore masks and there was a large clear plastic screen at the till.

I approached the till and gave my order of 2 cod, 1 chips and 1 mushy peas

I then had to move to the side of the plastic screen, as did the staff member, so I could pay as there was no hole in the screen to take payment

We were now stood face to face making payment!

I was then given an order number on a slip of paper and asked to wait outside and I noted signs within that stated, customers had to go outside to receive their order 

So I was now stood outside the chippy on the main Street, waiting for my order.

I was just grateful the snow, hale, rain and wind was now a distant memory!

A short time later the lady who took my order opened the chippy door and said "order 414"

I did smile considering I was the only one stood there and I didn't see anyone else make an order in the time I was waiting..

This is no criticism of the King's Head or  Limmys Plaice, but it just goes to show what a ludicrous, messed up situation we now find ourselves in, with nobody having a clue what they should or shouldn't do

As for the cod, chips and peas?

Absolutely delicious!

😋

• Like 6

Yes, good post Warren. I must admit that I wouldn’t be at all comfortable at the King’s Head, but then I Graham and I don’t get about that much. I guess that people who go out to work and are in contact with a lot of people, or have school age children or grandchildren don’t see the point in masks, but those of us who still work at home are more cautious. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

Yes, good post Warren. I must admit that I wouldn’t be at all comfortable at the King’s Head, but then I Graham and I don’t get about that much. I guess that people who go out to work and are in contact with a lot of people, or have school age children or grandchildren don’t see the point in masks, but those of us who still work at home are more cautious. 

We are really relaxed about it all but in this covid period I have lost my mother and father and my nephew through cancer and I have numerous friends who have had operations, chemo or radiation therapy for cancer related issues...

But we get on with our lives and cope

I dont personally have experienced that trauma with covid so it's hard to equate

But we will always try and follow the guidance, and respect others concerns, however flawed that may be

• Sad 2

Our condolences Warren. Some us (sometimes me) tend to forget that there is other horrible stuff going on that doesn’t stop for Covid, and that the NHS response to the usual illnesses has been compromised. And that’s not intended a criticism of the NHS at all, as they are still under pressure. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, addicted said:

Just been told they have found an invasive cancer  where previously  there seemed nothing to worry about so  I have a fight on my hands it seems.

Carole

Our best and sincere regards for you and your family x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, addicted said:

Just been told they have found an invasive cancer  where previously  there seemed nothing to worry about so  I have a fight on my hands it seems.

Carole

Wishing you a speedy victory in your fight Carole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/12/2021 at 07:36, andyg said:

Not really a monument is it, dosent matter how you want to big it up, But it could be moved into the fields opposite the pilots office and still be enjoyed by thoses that wish to see it. Important historical structures have been moved a million time before in the name of progress. A simple foot bridge erected and bobs your uncle...

It would probably be easier to build a river bypass, coming up river on the right, go into the fields behind the chalets going through the embankment of the new road bridge and extend the new road bridge.. 

Or 

Go left before the chalets close behind Herbert  Woods and a new bridge under the A149 returning to the river beyond the old pumping station  on the left toward Martham.

Not that it matters anyway, cost and conservationists would stop any such scheme.

Bitter sweet news,  yesterday my sister's son and wife arrived ( they live away)  to try and help.  They immediately rang 111 and 11hrs later they had a phone call back.   They must be busy.    bitter sweet news is ,  sister is now in Maidstone Hospital with suspected liver failure.      She doesn't touch alcohol, never has and we dont know how this has come about.  The Doctor, God bless him who phoned said if my sister did not get to hospital that night he would not sleep it was that serious.   Not going to say here , not the place but I will be having a word with someone.

Good news is now she is in the right place being looked after.

Thank you for listening to me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Yikes! Well the very best of wishes for those of you needing them, I'll stop whining now about the sore bits after my hernia op as they pale into insignificance, but just in case it puts a hint of a smirk on your faces I can announce that as promised in the pre-op call, my pinky-winky has gone tinky-winky!

tinkywinky.jpg.bc5519086bf73eb4de38c511ac9e0ad1.jpg

Quite a fetching colour I think.

I did ask if they could do a spot of liposuction while there in there but apparently in not a 'buy one get one free' thing they do.

• Haha 2