A New Toy

grendel

Just before lads week my new toy arrived, a CNC router, not any of your cheap Chinese made either, this was made in the UK, with good support.

Its taken me a while to finish putting it together, but it's done, and I have been working on the software side of things, to get the results I want.

Anyway, now it's done and I felt I should share the results.

IMG_20211123_155728.jpg

IMG_20211123_155810.jpg

IMG_20211123_160905.jpg

• Like 7

It is a CNC Router, so whatever I draw up, it will cut to an accuracy of 0.1mm, the connection to the broads is that one of the first tasks will be finishing off the new electrical panels for Water Rail in traffolyte, so it will involve cutting out for the switches and fuses etc as well as the engraving for the labels.

other tasks, well whatever needs doing.

and as for not Broads related- well thats why its in the Broadscot Lounge, which is the area for non broads related stuff.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

He's a clever chap that Grendel

This cnc malarkey all started when he turned one of my cardboard mockups and rather dubious drawing into the programme to make this facia panel, seen here populated and ready to fit

1619851618904.jpg.e8375cf8f01719d634ff60da9d3af7b5.jpg

1619851572120.jpg.057c1915b6d9ce27f5d8bac1ba18e822.jpg

20210506_221359.thumb.jpg.e9af1f60ab24028eff6556d118dacd95.jpg

That is wicked, as the yoof of today say !

Very, very professional looking, and love the "Water Rail" legend at the bottom.

I can see @grendel making a little sideline business out of this, and all NBN boats having lovely looking switch panels, dashboards (or whatever the correct nautical term is) and the like.

1 hour ago, Bikertov said:

That is wicked, as the yoof of today say !

Very, very professional looking, and love the "Water Rail" legend at the bottom.

I can see @grendel making a little sideline business out of this, and all NBN boats having lovely looking switch panels, dashboards (or whatever the correct nautical term is) and the like.

No, these days it's 'sick'

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, ZimbiIV said:

If you warm the plate a bit first, about 40c, the ink will flow in the etching smoother and be easier to wipe off.

This what we did to prove printing plates were suitable to print banknotes from.

paul

Bank of england or russian mafia?