Hi, 

Since we took over Cove Marina last month I have basically been off work which wasn't  ideal, I did get the chance to meet a few moorers who all seem lovely but unfortunately there have been a few people selling boats at the end of the season and a couple of movers which despite some new arrivals have left us with a few spaces, we have spaces from 18' to a 'private' berth with summer house and garden which will take 46' 

all the moorings are £56 +VAT per foot per year.. (except the private mooring)

all moorings have electricity (£60 per year standing charge)

WIFI, toilets, showers, all services etc, 

we give refunds for any full months not used (less £50 admin)

get in tough if you need a space or know anyone looking 

Cheers, Clive 

you can email cove@broadshols.co.uk 

message me on here or text me, (my number is fairly easy to find!)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I've  poster elsewhere. Today we sold Sweetkingfisher. We should get our new boat by the end of the month. After alot of thought we decided  that the new boat will moor on the northern  rivers.Not far from home in Martham. We've been at Cove since 2013,and in that time made many friends. In many respects will miss the South. David at Cove and the other Dave's were always helpful.We met Clive and Victoria early December he outlined changes at Cove,cctv bollards.Cove is a lovely place to moor,as I said Clive has made improvements to the Marina and am sure other improvements will follow.

Marina and I wish Clive and Victoria well and best wishes for the future. 

Ian.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

We filled up earlier in the year but the usual switch abouts has freed up a few spaces! 
we are now £71 including VAT, 

we have upgraded the electric supplies and just put non slip decking on all the walkways and jetties.. 

email text or call me if you’re interested 😀

clive@broadshols.co.uk

246E18E6-98BF-4ECA-99F6-5F0B6F388802.jpeg

BDD4B396-527C-4492-9846-541503AEF2A2.jpeg

BAF7AAE4-1A1C-4DBA-B4C7-144FBA7A5A9B.jpeg

EF83377D-1333-42C8-80B2-626B7B65BA90.jpeg

• Like 8

20 hours ago, C.Ricko said:

We filled up earlier in the year but the usual switch abouts has freed up a few spaces! 
we are now £71 including VAT, 

we have upgraded the electric supplies and just put non slip decking on all the walkways and jetties.. 

Sounds perfect for me - All I need to do is to find a boat to put there :default_rolleyes: :default_stinky:

2 hours ago, C.Ricko said:

I can help:default_biggrin:

I might take you up on that !

It would actually be quite fitting, seeing as my interest in the Broads is down to a number of holidays taken there as a child in the late 70's, on Richardsons boats (Superline x3 - Horizon 35, and Escapade x2 - Ocean 30) !

Call it long term marketing :default_rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 11 months later...

Hi All, 

I have a couple of big and small(ish) moorings available at Cove arina Brundall, they are now £72.50 per foot inc VAT.

all with finger jetties or side on, we have rubbish disposal and showers/ toilets etc... 

as it is getting on in the year I will make exception to the ' first come first served' rule so if you want to come in April then Ill invoice and take payment  from when you plan to arrive to the end of October but i wont give the usual refund for unused months until the following year.. 

hope that makes sense as I sometimes have people wanting to come but they have to give 3 months notice and i might not have space in 3 months time.. 

have a great weekend everyone! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

Was it something I said :default_hiding:

Ha,definitely not,

im a bit concerned over the amount of use we get versus the cost on the Ouse ,

i love the river and area,but the river was unnavigable until after Easter.

been under SSA since October,it seems like godmanchester lock is broken.

the upstream locks (can’t remember which) will be closed from January till Easter next year.

£4K for 4/ 5 months of use

unlucky year I guess but,,,,

might move it up to the Trent but the nicest marina is owned by someone I’m not fond of🤬

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mouldy said:

Sssssshhh!  Steady, Danny!  Don’t give the good doctor any ideas! :default_jumelles:

RGO licences covers the Nene as well though, so the overall navigable distance is slightly more. You're also paying for the maintenance and power costs for locks, plus staffing in some cases.

To be comparable, BA would also have to provide 48 hour free moorings, DIY pumpout facilities and long-term moorings from £116.68/m/yr. If they did, people would probably be less complacent about the cost of tolls.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mikeyboy1966 said:

might move it up to the Trent but the nicest marina is owned by someone I’m not fond of

That'll be the 'T' word no doubt.

We moved from the Gt. Ouse 2 years ago and reading about what's going on there now with SSAs, lock breakdowns and antisocial behaviour I think we made the right call.