Staff Christmas Party

grendel

Well that was a good night, I have probably met more people last night than in the previous year and a half, the staff were excellent, and were all wearing masks, every one of my colleagues I spoke to had taken their 2 lateral flow tests, and a good night was had, 7.45 am and the breakfast restaurant is empty ( the staff did report some stragglers arriving back from the party that finished at 1am, after they had started their shift at 6.30, and admitted to finding 2 people asleep in the corridors, I managed to stick it out until midnight, then took a slow walk back to my hotel (on the same complex, but 10 minutes easy walk away) and the cold was refreshing.

Unusually I slept in, not awaking until just before 7 am, just in time for breakfast, of which I had 2 hearty plates full from the self service counter. ( So far)

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, grendel said:

well I made it home, my passenger once she found that we were only 400 yards from the hotel chocolate factory with its factory outlet insisted upon a visit, so I have some nice chocolates to enjoy for a while.

Which one was that? There's one just across town from me.

I was most pleased that my colleague who i work with managed to win the unsung hero award at our awards ceremony, I taught her everything she knows, including how to win awards it seems, and the two of us working together as a team are an awesome combination, a few weeks back we had a 2 week backlog of work arrive in  2 days, and working as a team we cleared it in a week (there were 18 most urgent jobs in that list, and lots of people chasing for them).

• Like 3

it turns out that there were 3 hotels on site, we had people in two of those, the one the event was in and one other, apparently the other christmas party was accommodated in the third hotel, it sounds even more like the companies covid precautions were very well arranged, the only common point was the reception area at the venue, and that had automatic doors, then as soon as you got through the inner reception, each party was directed to separate wings of the hotel, someone had put a great deal of thought into the organisation of the two events.

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Meal for one? - That's somewhat extravagant.  A pint on our Sunday night gathering will do it

Griff

Meal for one ?

What about the rest of your staff at GriffTile ?

The Chief Executive, operations manager, financial controller, procurement manager and the whole buying team, head of catering, all your part time casual staff and little labourers ... The list goes on. 

You should arrange a nice meal for them all, with a few drinks. Maybe a lunch on the last Saturday of this month :default_eusa_dance:

The Chief Executive, operations manager, financial controller, procurement manager and the whole buying team, head of catering, all your part time casual staff and little labourers ... The list goes on. 

Chuffin Eck,  I'd end up on a diet for months not to mentioned a pickled liver :default_laugh:

Griff

• Haha 1