Navigation Restriction On Breydon Bridge Great Yarmouth

Dear all,

Please see attached Notice to Mariners 15 of 2021 regarding a navigation restriction at Breydon Bridge, Great Yarmouth.

https://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/boating/navigating-the-broads/notices-to-mariners

All the best

Tom

Tom Waterfall

Senior Communications Officer

Direct dial 01603 756034

Broads Authority 

Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road, Norwich NR1 1RY

Please note that my normal working hours are 8.00am – 4.45pm Monday to Friday, with alternate Mondays as non-working days.

If I am out of the office I will deal with your email on my return, alternatively please contact another member of the Communications team.

Navigation restriction at Breydon Bridge (A47), Great Yarmouth Notice is hereby given that John Graham Construction Ltd will be undertaking major maintenance works on the Breydon Bridge, from Friday 4 February 2022 until Friday 17 June 2022. The maintenance works will involve the replacement of the existing hydraulic lifting system from the central span using an underslung scaffolding. Note: During the above period, navigation through the side spans will continue as normal, but the bridge central span will be closed and unable to open to vessels. Grid Reference TG 51624 08035 (shown in red on the plan extract). Please ensure that the new position is taken into consideration for passage planning and when navigating in this area. © Crown copyright [and database rights] 2019 OS 100021573. You are permitted to use this data solely to enable you to respond to, or interact with, the organisation that provided you with the data. You are not permitted to copy, sub-licence, distribute or sell any of this data to third parties in any form. If travelling across Breydon Water you will need to pass through Breydon Bridge. Do not risk going through the bridge unless you have sufficient clearance, always check the gauge at the side of the bridge. When approaching go through the right-hand side span and navigate between the two arrows on the bridge. All equipment will be lit and signage will be in place to warn of the restriction. Please contact the Broads Authority, Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 1RY Tel (01603) 610734 if additional information is required. Rivers Engineer December 2021.