What Do You Have In Your Workshop ?

Bikertov

• 2 weeks later...

Multimeter.thumb.jpg.b38b892500a2732564f20328d83eb414.jpg

Well - I now have one less working multimeter in my workshop :default_dunce:

Schoolboy error - was helping my mum by changing some light bulbs for her. One still didn't work, so I went to check it had a live feed to it. Only I hadn't changed the range selector from Resistance to AC Voltage. A big flash, pfutt noise and some Magic Smoke later, and my poor meter doesn't read anything anymore ... That resistor in the middle is well and truly fried.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Bikertov said:

Multimeter.thumb.jpg.b38b892500a2732564f20328d83eb414.jpg

Well - I now have one less working multimeter in my workshop :default_dunce:

Schoolboy error - was helping my mum by changing some light bulbs for her. One still didn't work, so I went to check it had a live feed to it. Only I hadn't changed the range selector from Resistance to AC Voltage. A big flash, pfutt noise and some Magic Smoke later, and my poor meter doesn't read anything anymore ... That resistor in the middle is well and truly fried.

Ooops!  Been there, done that :default_ohmy:

Chris

• Haha 1

So to cheer myself up after destroying my multimeter, I added a new power tool to the workshop today ...

Picked up a Makita cordless SDS drill to go with my other cordless tools in the range, with some SDS drill bits and an accessory 'regular' chuck. It is a lovely little 12V thing, so relatively light but powerful. If I ever need anything more than that, I would go for a mains one. I haven't been sold on 18V tools yet, and am very happy with the Makita 12V range.

Now all I need to do is find some concrete to drill into ...

• Like 1

On 10/01/2022 at 22:15, Bikertov said:

So to cheer myself up after destroying my multimeter, I added a new power tool to the workshop today ...

Picked up a Makita cordless SDS drill to go with my other cordless tools in the range, with some SDS drill bits and an accessory 'regular' chuck. It is a lovely little 12V thing, so relatively light but powerful. If I ever need anything more than that, I would go for a mains one. I haven't been sold on 18V tools yet, and am very happy with the Makita 12V range.

Now all I need to do is find some concrete to drill into ...

How about some flint and stone...:default_gbxhmm:

image.png.8af154f3366d404f2e90394824d90433.png

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, grendel said:

I was sorely tempted, so a set of drills is on its way - 1mm to 6mm jobber drills in 0.1mm steps- in a metal case.

So then I'm surprised you haven't bought the 26-Piece Hand Drill and Mini Vice Set from Lidl for £7.99. I was very tempted yesterday, but managed to hold myself back :default_rolleyes:

On 14/01/2022 at 14:51, Bikertov said:

So then I'm surprised you haven't bought the 26-Piece Hand Drill and Mini Vice Set from Lidl for £7.99. I was very tempted yesterday, but managed to hold myself back :default_rolleyes:

shock horror, no new tools on offer, seems they havent got them yet

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, mikeyboy1966 said:

Can I join in?

Of course you can - all are welcome !

That's a good collection of machine tools you have there, do feel free to add power tools etc to the list as well.

And a lovely classic BMW too. Any other bikes in the collection ?

6 hours ago, Bikertov said:

Of course you can - all are welcome !

That's a good collection of machine tools you have there, do feel free to add power tools etc to the list as well.

And a lovely classic BMW too. Any other bikes in the collection ?

I’ve been thinning the pack down,saving pennies for a nice cruiser,

still got this one though.:default_biggrin:

0BB9E933-3526-49D9-A161-7F7E498E2E83.jpeg

• Like 2