What Do You Have In Your Workshop ?

Bikertov

5 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

@ExSurveyor- In this week's offer leaflet, in-store from 15th May

Would go nicely with your belt sander !

IMG_20220509_144806.jpg

Already have one and the bandsaw, I have found them to be a very reliable brand.

All I need now is a thicknesser / planer and then a workshop extension 😇

• Like 1

I have been tidying in the garden, the aim is to empty out and free up the little 4' x 6' greenhouse out there to fit a bench which the mill I am currently rebuilding can go in. having run out of bench space, its going to take a massive clearout to clear the garden, and maybe even clear the shed for more workspace, though that is now at the stage where it needs a lot of work to regain its water tightness, one wall has rotted out just where the roof attaches, but first there is an awful lot of  stuff to be transferred to the tip.

• 3 weeks later...

further news on the solar workshop, thanks to a generous offer from one of our members who had just replaced his boat batteries, I picked up 4 used 110Ah batteries at the meet,  aside from catching up with everything else that needed doing i managed to pick up some battery leads ready made at halfords and was ready to clear a space and get the batteries installed on my workshop solar system.

of course i didnt have any nuts that fitted the threads on the battery terminal posts, so using the inverter to power my little lathe i put in some hex brass, drilled it at 6.5mm (tap drill for 5/16 bsw) then threaded the inside of the hole and parted off the 6 nuts i needed, then it was just a matter of connecting everything together, i still need to tidy up everything, place a board over the bottom layer of batteries and stack the stuff that was already there back on top, but i did notice that even on this dull grey day with only fleeting glimpses of sun, I was charging at 2.5A, now to give it a few days for everything to top up charge, all the batteries were pretty close in charge state, but they will need to properly balance to each other.

• Like 3