Friday Night Quiz 2022

Tigerhawk

Well done all.

The titles of the rounds looked interesting Jean, sorry I couldn’t be there. Accompanying daughter to wedding dress fitting and her sorting shoes for my dress and then me cooking a ‘practice’ meal this evening to get them to taste test the menu took precedence.
Will be in attendance next week though, signal on boat permitting. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Polly said:

It was a close fought quiz between Grendel and Steve but Steve edged it! Bikertov got 5million points by ‘accident’ and got all but 7 disallowed and the QM got the questions mixed up 😂😂😂

A great quiz Polly - I nearly insisted that the 'accidental' 5 million points stood, but then thought better not :default_rolleyes:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, grendel said:

you could have volunteered to run the quiz in 2 weeks.

Unfortunately I won't be around for the quiz in 2 weeks time,  but I am starting to think of some questions ready for the week where I get awarded most points - I know it will happen whether I want it to or not :default_rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Houston, we have a problem. I have just discovered that the Friday I am due to run the quiz is the day before the Horning Boat Show, which we will be attending. We can either run the quiz as planned on a flakey mobile wifi connection, with results that could be unpredictable to say the least, or someone else could come forward to run a quiz on the 29th and I do mine the following Friday. Your thoughts folks???

phew, I think thats the quickest I have thrown a quiz together, it still needs typing up, but the headings are- 

cryptic boroughs

English inventors

films

break for half time

Food and drink

Anagrams

and finally

General Mayhem

8.30 as usual in the chat room

• Like 1

Sorry Grendel, after all that quick work from you, I’m going to have to give my apologies. In fact for the next two weeks. Tomorrow driving back from Croy in Scotland having painted the exterior stonework of my son’s house in this fantastic weather this week. (He acted as apprentice this week which was so lovely to see him wanting to get involved at last, at the age of 29!!!!!)
And next it’s my daughters wedding up in the Lake District. All my catering is now done and in the freezers, including the cake (sponge) so I’m going to be able to have a more stress free week than I’d anticipated.
Have fun as usual all of you tomorrow evening. Kate

Best plan is probably just to see who turns up tomorrow. And then given Steve can’t make the following week, how about we just carry on as usual with the winner setting the following week. And then Steve will owe us one if we get stuck again at some future point. 

• Like 6