Friday Night Quiz 2022

Tigerhawk

Have a good evening all of you.

Probably won't be thinking of you at the time! (will be in the midst of welcoming guests to daughter's wedding weekend in the Lakes). Just filled car with all the catering - and I do mean filled, not one more box can fit.

Kate

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It did Jean,

thanks very much for all your wishes. Even the sun shone versus forecast. And Tony and as the oldies won the canoe treasure hunt! Just goes to show that teamwork pays off - he listens and does what he’s told and it all works!!!!!!! Lesson for married life?

• Like 2

Well done, Bern, Nik and Jean. Hope it was a hotly contested evening. 
I am looking forward to hopefully being there next week. I have to have an unscheduled visit to the boat next week to get my snapped throttle cable replaced. Very annoying and as is said, BOAT! (Well, maybe not quite that much)!!! Kate

• Like 2

And the topics for Friday night's quiz are: - 

Too many cooks

Cryptic Broadland

Link words

Break for refills and empties

Connections

Accidents come in 3s

General Mayhem

We will kick off at 8.30ish in the chatroom: https://www.nbnplus.co.uk/chat

Enter Username - no password required.

• Like 3

On 12/05/2022 at 10:45, SteveO said:

Too many cooks

Cryptic Broadland

Link words

Connections

Accidents come in 3s

General Mayhem

Just a reminder. All welcome!

• Like 2

And after a closely fought and very funny "connections" round, in which Bikertov psychically divined the connection between the questions before any had been asked, we have a winner. Bikertov narrowly held onto his lead for the rest of the quiz and emerged in first place with 11 points, with KPnut in second place with 10.5 and Jean in 3rd with 10 points. Given that the NBN meet is next weekend, we have agreed that Bikertov's debut as QM will be in 2 weeks time.  Thanks to everyone for taking part and congratulations to Bikertov for turning the unbelievable into reality.:default_biggrin:

• Thanks 2
  • Love 3

Thanks (I think ?) to Steve for a great quiz this evening with some really excellent questions   

Quite how I managed to win, by guessing the connections round before the questions had even been asked, i don't know. I'm sure there was a conspiracy there somewhere 🤔 

But win I did, and my maiden one at that.

So I can proudly say that for the first time, in 2 weeks, I will be QM :default_biggrin:

I can only hope that my quiz will be up to the standard expected, as I have some very tough acts to follow.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, SwanR said:

It was a really good quiz, thank you Steve. And a fun evening. 

Biker I’m sure you’ll find hosting the quiz can be as much fun as taking part. Well done on your first win. 🥇

Thank you Jean. I have to admit that I was laughing so much during that round that I could barely type.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/03/2022 at 22:42, SteveO said:

You are skating on thin ice Biker. One of these days you will answer one question too many:8_laughing:

Lol, I was reading back on the thread for inspiration on questions ... Among the many amusing comments, you predicted it Steve !

• Haha 2

Those of you who were at the quiz on Friday may recall Kate(Kpnut) and I having a conversation about a concert that was taking place in Hull last night that Kate's son was performing in, that we were both attending, and it being a small world.

Well... it gets more surreal/bizarre/unbelievable!

I was sat in my seat about 10 minutes before the concert started, when a lady and gent arrived to take up their seats 3 to my left- there being 2 empty seats between us.

After they had sat down, a few seconds later I heard the lady say to the gent "someone suggested that we wear red carnations to recognise each other.... etc" 

My ears pricked up - surely not!

I looked across. "Are you Kate?"

Yes, of course it was!- incredible.  Hull City Hall has around 2000 seats over 3 levels and Kate had bought a seat 3 away from me. So, whoever it was suggested the carnations (it may have been SteveO?), we may not have worn them, but that little snippet of conversation did in fact get us to recognise each other!

Anyway, it was nice meeting you Kate, we had a chat at the interval about the Broads and things. Unfortunately I had to shoot off quite quickly at the end as my bus home was due.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

You beat me to it Dave. A really chance event. The red carnations did their stuff! And lovely to meet and chat to you. Excellent concert. We had to hang around for ages for Richard - why is my two children have always been the last to pack up their instruments, right back to when they first joined youth orchestras. And then we got dragged off to the bar, which was lovely as I got to catch up with loads of people I hadn’t seen since before covid. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My first time as QM, so here goes !

As this is the Friday night's quiz before the Platinum Jubilee holiday, I though in Her Majesty’s honour a Royal theme would be in order.

So the provisional topics for this week are: - 

The Royal Family

History

Entertainment

Connections

Transport and Travel

General knowledge

We will kick off as usual at 8.30ish in the chatroom: https://www.nbnplus.co.uk/chat

Enter a Username - no password required.

• Like 7

On 12/05/2022 at 10:45, SteveO said:

Too many cooks

Cryptic Broadland

Link words

Connections

Accidents come in 3s

General Mayhem