Roadworks 2022

TheQ

Sutton Bridge maybe finished but they are renewing the central barriers  on both the Kings Lynn and Swaffham bypass with a speed limit down the entire length of 40mph. I noticed a sign on the Swaffham one stating delays up October 2022.

• Thanks 1

Drove down Friday morning early - No hold ups, although the Kings Lynn and Swaffam Bypass's has average speed cameras operating with a 40pmh limit imposed. Those cameras look kinda permanent to me

Journey home, the A17 at Cranwell was closed in both direction for repairs.  This meant hanging a right at the Sleaford roundabout then the A15 and home via Gainsborough,  The road closures are supposed to be from 2000 overnight through to 0600 for the next month or so

Griff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just the Norwich side of the Green Man on the Wroxham road, there is a large puddle... and it's not come from the sky... expect road works soon..

Tescos petrol station Stalham appears to be open, I went past this morning it was all lit up, and all the barriers were down.

• Thanks 1

Overnight closures on the A47 Acle Straight coming from Monday for two weeks. Got this from the EDP. The official diversion is a long one  

The Acle Straight between Great Yarmouth and Acle will close in both directions from Monday, August 22, to Friday, September 3, between 8pm and 6am the following morning.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/traffic/a47-great-yarmouth-acle-close-for-two-weeks-9218546

14 hours ago, SwanR said:

Overnight closures on the A47 Acle Straight coming from Monday for two weeks. Got this from the EDP. The official diversion is a long one  

The Acle Straight between Great Yarmouth and Acle will close in both directions from Monday, August 22, to Friday, September 3, between 8pm and 6am the following morning.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/traffic/a47-great-yarmouth-acle-close-for-two-weeks-9218546

Expect the straight itself to get busy during daylight hours in that case, as regular deliveries are concentrated to avoid the diversion. Asda's fresh stuff goes into the store during the early hours and I guess other shops do the same.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Just like the two bypasses finally funded, the Greens in Norwich will be applying for a judicial review of the Thickthorn project quoting all kind of squit. You could build a bridge but some silly irriot would just climb it to protest.

Whilst I do approve of living in a democracy there are just too many people think that they, in isolation, are right , and the vast majority of  us should think like them. Whilst I am sure this post will be deleted because of the political bent, why on earth are the Greens taking over in Norwich - do we need any more roadworks in the City to create more unused cycle lanes????

• Like 7

On 19/08/2022 at 21:43, floydraser said:

Expect the straight itself to get busy during daylight hours in that case, as regular deliveries are concentrated to avoid the diversion. Asda's fresh stuff goes into the store during the early hours and I guess other shops do the same.

Quite easy to nip round via Filby at least for cars and small vans the big companies just re-programme their routes

16 minutes ago, marshman said:

You could build a bridge but some silly irriot would just climb it to protest.

I am hoping for a couple of really cold nights as it is causing havoc on the crossing and a large surrounding area. Nothing to do with me wanting to use it Thursday morning :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

Just hope something happens and they realise the problems people can have medical supplies, access to hospitals, people have to work and live also our food chain as fresh goods all have a consumable time. This is not a political point just a matter of common sense as our world is where it is.

There must be a way of getting a point across without making people suffer there will be families and individuals desperate to make a river crossing quickly for many different reasons probably a lot of them compassionate. 

I know someone who had to get from the SEto Addenbrookes very quickly a helicopter wasn't an option for them, thankfully the crossing was clear. 

Marge and Parge 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExSurveyor said:

I am hoping for a couple of really cold nights as it is causing havoc on the crossing and a large surrounding area. Nothing to do with me wanting to use it Thursday morning :default_biggrin:

I wonder if they’ve considered the environmental impact of their actions with extended journeys for those affected by the traffic chaos they’ve caused.

Its been reported that one of the protesters is employed as a bridge designer.  Whilst it may seem uncharitable, I hope that when he descends from his lofty point of protest, his employer does the right thing and dismisses him from his position and that he spends a few months at His Majesty’s pleasure.

We all understand that our lifestyle is having an effect on the environment, but changing it overnight is just not feasible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeilB said:

Look like the A11 is going to be painful into 2025 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-63268783 

Brilliant. So just as the Wymondham gets finished, this lot starts. Is it too obvious to think that whoever planned the Wymondham bypass work would have known, or should have asked about, the Thickthorn job? Is there a reason they couldn't have been done at the same time? Shortage of JCB's??

• Like 1