Pump Out Charges

Andrewcook

Last time we got our fuel from Swancraft the owner was very apologetic. He'd just had a delivery of fuel and the price that he'd paid had risen so much since his previous delivery that he'd had to hike the price he was  passing on to his customers by about 20p. He was very upfront about it. 

• Like 1

its not a real money spinner for a yard to do a pump out, its more of a service and possibly building a relationship so they can possibly get a bit of work out of you! A hire yard may do pump outs on non turnaround days just to give staff something to do..

Brundall yards are generally a bit more expensive (if they do them )  as they have to tanker the S**T away as there is no mains sewer.. Im not sure what Brundall charges but north is generally £15 for one or £20 for two but some yards like to do them cheap and get the volume in.. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, C.Ricko said:

. . . . . . . but some yards like to do them cheap and get the volume in.. 

I take it you mean volume of business, not volume of s**t . . . . . . . . . although thinking about it, volume of business covers it either way!! 😉 :default_hiding:

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, C.Ricko said:

its not a real money spinner for a yard to do a pump out, its more of a service and possibly building a relationship so they can possibly get a bit of work out of you! A hire yard may do pump outs on non turnaround days just to give staff something to do..

Brundall yards are generally a bit more expensive (if they do them )  as they have to tanker the S**T away as there is no mains sewer.. Im not sure what Brundall charges but north is generally £15 for one or £20 for two but some yards like to do them cheap and get the volume in.. 

I always thought all pumpout waste went into a septic tank of some sort and was then disposed of. Didn't realise it went into the main sewers. I guess I thought that because of the blue chemical. You learn something new every day lol...

42 minutes ago, C.Ricko said:

Last time we visited Brooms at Brundall in mid September it was £18 for one tank, and I don't think that has changed in the last 4 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, C.Ricko said:

Brundall now charges £36.00 for two tanks and their fuel prices are about the dearest on the Broads.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/01/2022 at 20:37, andyg said:

I always thought all pumpout waste went into a septic tank of some sort and was then disposed of. Didn't realise it went into the main sewers. I guess I thought that because of the blue chemical. You learn something new every day lol...

When I hired from Alpha Craft the pump outs were pumped into large tanker ( Like they have on farms ) When it was full Langford used to hook it up to the tractor and take it up to manhole cover up by the Station, just past the Yare Pub and empty it into there.

Marinas prohibit the disposal in toilet blocks (instead going to the expense of putting in dedicated disposal points) but that could be just to prevent blue being splashed about in the toilet compartments by careless individuals. Then again, have you ever tried to control the discharge from a portapotti cassette?

At least those of us with pump out toilets don't have to worry about that but it does get expensive if you want to use the boat for just a few days at a time and always leave it clean. Who knows when you can get back to it in the current fluid Covid situation.

1 minute ago, ExSurveyor said:

Marinas that have treatment plants don't allow porta loos to be emptied as it affects the plants.

Left yourself wide open there Mark.

(Don't you just know that someone out there  is thinking up a smart answer to that! )