Asa1 Spam

I was just about to post this too, as I also got PM's.

I've 'reported' the PM's and sent a separate message to the Moderator team.

They appear to be a new user signed up this week, and the message is the typical "help me to get $10m out of my country" scam.

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE and don't get scammed !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RS2021 said:

I've just been bombarded with 3 spam messages from Asa1. Has anyone else received any? Are mods Aware?

Yes, I've just seen it and was about to copy it for the mods action when I saw your post.  I've deleted it.

Chris

I think they must have all come out of the woodwork this week, because in doors I have been bombarded with spam emails and the home phone, some bank keeps telling me money has been taken out of my account.  I keep blocking these numbers but they keep ringing.

It's a good reminder to be very aware of of these type of fraud and scam attempts.

You just can't be too careful.

In particular, when you are making bank payments to people, especially for large amounts or for the first time - double and triple check the details with the person you are paying, by a different communication means from where the details were sent from.

The new Payee check with banks helps a lot - we have caught a few mistakes with payroll recently, where we were given wrong details by employees !

I am always wary when making payment at work for large sums, or for the first time. I call up and check the bank details. When I bought a property, I sent £1 for to the solicitor to check it was the right details, before I sent the full amount.

technical are indeed on the case and we have now banned the spammer and reported him to spam listings worldwide, this should have deleted any content he posted.

thank you for the members that reported this and those that messaged us.

my apologies that this one got through our net, and that I wasnt online when this topi was first posted, (2.30-3pm fridays is when I am busy with work, getting things tidied up for the weekend and writing reports to my boss for any outstanding work left at the end of the week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

9 minutes ago, grendel said:

my apologies that this one got through our net, and that I wasnt online when this topi was first posted, (2.30-3pm fridays is when I am busy with work

Jack Reacher recons the best time to attack is 4.00am in the morning. We now know its 2.30-3.00 on a Friday afternoon... Thanks for sorting so quickly Grendel.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

Sorry, I missed it as I am helping my son move. It never happens when I am sitting around.

I feel left out as I didn't get messaged.

You can always help me to transfer $10m if you want - just give me your banks details, PIN number etc. That way you can still feel part of it :default_icon_twisted:

• Haha 1