Sweetkingfisher On The Market.

Chelsea14Ian

Today we put Sweetkingfisher on the market. We decided some time ago that once we moved to Norfolk  we would  put the boat on the market.Main reason we helm the boat up top,in all weather's, we also wanted a slightly  smaller boat. So today we met Gary from boatshed.And now she's listed on boatshed.We've had her since April 2013.Has been a great little boat.In many ways will be sad to let her go.We are in the process  of buying another boat,should get her end of next month. She's having some things done,shore power,nav lights some repairs and paint work.At this stage I won't say where we're buying her from or price.You have to wait until the deal is complete. 

What I will say,we must be a little mad buying a house  then a boat.Still very  exciting.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

That’s great news Ian. Whilst I would think you will be a little sad to let Sweet Kingfisher go, you must be excited to have found your next boat. 

Everyone kept asking us when we moved whether we were going to buy a boat. It’s not for us at the moment but it will be amazing I’m sure to get your new one. Do you think you’re going to get a mooring closer to home? 

• Like 1

Don't want to say to much,but yes.Put it this way, less then 20 minutes  from home all being well.We are very lucky.Mainly because  the bank gave me a lump sum because  they under paid my pension. That allowed me to pay off my mortgage in 2013.Pay off our first boat,allowing  us to buy Sweetkingfisher. Moving here down sizing.All helped,I've said this before, when I helped with the Poppy appeal, I was told once you retire you wonder  how you had time to work.Our days are full and very enjoyable 😉

• Like 6

That's great news Ian. You must be very excited. I know we were when we bought Hi-Jinks back in September. We too have now secured an ideal mooring having travelled up to Norfolk yesterday and trawled round round our various preferred locations. Unfortunately our excitment has been slightly  diluted by the uncertainty that I have with health issues at the moment but we're enjoying the moment. I'm sure you have lots of enjoyment to come with your latest boat, I  certainly hope so anyway. Congratulations.

Carole

• 3 weeks later...

Last Thursday  we agreed a sale on Sweetkingfisher. Today we signed  the paperwork, and cleared off the remaining  bits and bobs from the boat.A bit sad,but she's been a great  boat and wish her well for the future. We should  get the new boat by the end of the month. 

• Like 15
  • Love 1