Boat Wanted.

Karndean is good for all sorts of thngs.The roof of the nesting box  on our bird table became leaky and Tony  used some of our left over Karndean to re-roof it. It must have met with approval of the occupants because they are building a nest forthe first time in 5 years!

Carole

On 11/04/2022 at 08:45, BrundallNavy said:

Clearly likes their fried food. 

Indeed, quite a selection of cookware on that cork-tiled bulkhead.

I think my favourite feature has to be the flue for the stove, though.... I don't think I've ever seen one done like that :8_laughing:

Screenshot 2022-04-12 at 09.43.42.png

On 12/04/2022 at 09:44, oldgregg said:

Indeed, quite a selection of cookware on that cork-tiled bulkhead.

I think my favourite feature has to be the flue for the stove, though.... I don't think I've ever seen one done like that :8_laughing:

Screenshot 2022-04-12 at 09.43.42.png

Excellent hand warmer for working the ropes through the locks in the winter:default_laugh:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Bogart said:

Am still looking. Nothing new appearing. Lots of boats been up for grabs for what seems an eternity.

Have you mentioned the Faircraft 33 for sale at Boatshed Norfolk. It looks a nice boat inside and out and a lot of boat for the money. Apologies if I'm going over old ground. 

• 4 months later...

Am still searching. Think I might give up for the winter. Not overly impressed by some of the supposed professional people.

Namely NBS who after hearing nothing new for months when I contacted them said no contact as we had nothing suitable :default_icon_liar:. And Boatshed Norfolk given up with them no replies to any enquiries.:default_rolleyes:

• Like 1

I have always found NBS and Boatshed to be very good, the problem is if they have nothing suitable there is little point in contacting people.

I have decided to have a look again in the spring, I suspect a lot more boats will be coming on the market and some may be distress sales.

• Like 1

I suspect boat sales persons are a bit like estate agents - they no longer do the work of looking for you!!! You have to do the research and contact them - looking at NBS they seem to have a number of new offerings, and indeed Richardsons are continuing to downsize.

However what you won't get is a bargain - Broads boats rarely, if ever, go down in price and I do doubt whether the current situation will alter that reality. Most Brokers still seem to be selling the right boats at asking prices and if you want a  bargain I guess you may be disappointed.

If you cannot find the boat that suits your specific requirements then may I be so bold as you look again at what you want and be prepared to compromise a bit - the market is out there but bargains are never easy , if ever, available unless you are very lucky!!!

• Like 1

On 06/10/2022 at 17:45, marshman said:

If you cannot find the boat that suits your specific requirements then may I be so bold as you look again at what you want and be prepared to compromise a bit - the market is out there but bargains are never easy , if ever, available unless you are very lucky!!!

As MM said, you may need to compromise somewhere.  Unless you get something built to your exact specifications, it’s highly unlikely that anything that appears on the secondhand market will exactly fit your requirements.

You may miss a beautiful boat by dismissing it for not fitting your exacting standards.  Look on Apolloduck, there are hundreds available and look on other waterways too.  It’s often cheaper to buy elsewhere and get it transported to The Broads than to pay the Broads premium.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Unless you get something built to your exact specifications, it’s highly unlikely that anything that appears on the secondhand market will exactly fit your requirements.

And even if you do get something built to your own specs you'll still want to change something once you've used it for a while, that's how boating keeps us all poor.