Boat Wanted.

17 hours ago, Stationerystill said:

There are no petrol pumps on the Broads so I would chose a diesel for safety and economy. A Broom Skipper 30 ft. should go under the bridges and is well built with good handling.

How strange no petrol on broads. Again in my naivety I just assumed there would be. There was on Wednesday when I visited St Ives, the boatyard had it... at £1.75 what a bargain.

St.ives is one of the few for petrol on the gt.ouse too, same goes for most rivers.

When I had a smaller river boat on gt.ouse outboard was fine as all side on moorings and a weeks worth of fuel was no problem to carry, a 12l tank connected and a 22l tank spare, could swap tanks without stopping easily so no issues.

Doing good days running the batteries kept up with everything including fridge and webasto always fired up, my trick was to move regulator from outboard cowl to beside batteries so they charged properly instead of cutting off before allowing for volt drop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bogart said:

Not madly keen on the 2 grey armchairs but each to their own. Also no idea on the price, does this seem in the correct ball park at £62.5K?

I follow the market fairly closely and I would say yes it's probably in the right sort of ball park.

Personally I would consider the removal of the original settee/dinette to be a negative and so would angle for a discount on the basis of what it would cost to reinstate, plus of course any other issues found during inspection by yourself and survey.

We had a look at her when she was last for sale , certainly not overpriced in todays market , however you can tell she is ex-hire by the scuffs/nicks etc on the hull and superstructure .

I worked out that we would have to spend in the region of £15k to get her in the condition we would want her to be in .

that said these diamonds seem to really hold their price well .

Yes messing about with the interior must have devalued her some what. (But the price looks good now as it’s been reduced)
It’s must be a comfortable boat with those chairs if one or 2 people were using her but not a family or 4 people boat as she was originally.
I believe she was White diamond 2 when new which we hired the 2nd week she was out from new a with all red upholstery and a nice big seating area. I would be first in line if she was still like that.

John

2 hours ago, Jbx5 said:

Yes messing about with the interior must have devalued her some what. (But the price looks good now as it’s been reduced)
It’s must be a comfortable boat with those chairs if one or 2 people were using her but not a family or 4 people boat as she was originally.
I believe she was White diamond 2 when new which we hired the 2nd week she was out from new a with all red upholstery and a nice big seating area. I would be first in line if she was still like that.

John

Yes. It was originally named White Diamond 2 and was in the Sabina Marine hire fleet from 1996 to 2008. It was then sold to Royall and Sons and renamed Royal Oak. It then went to Barnes Brinkcraft when they Purchased Royall & Sons. I assume the furniture was change when it went into private ownership.

29 minutes ago, Bogart said:

Why the heater in the engine compartment? Just a winter precaution?

a frost stat in the engine bay removes the necessity to winterise fully and enables on the button cruising all year round, you do have to ensure you have a secure shore power supply.

15 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

We had a look at her when she was last for sale , certainly not overpriced in todays market , however you can tell she is ex-hire by the scuffs/nicks etc on the hull and superstructure .

I worked out that we would have to spend in the region of £15k to get her in the condition we would want her to be in .

that said these diamonds seem to really hold their price well .

Can I ask what the £15k would have been spent on?

The Ouse is very different. Nothing like the amount of hire boats and you are unlikely to ever see a water bailiff. However there are locks to contend with unless you stick to the Ely Ouse. Mooring and pump outs were  free when we were last there but the former has been severely compromised in quantity by the influx of narrow boats that have been slowly becoming omnipresent in recent years. the cruising is very pretty in places particularly upstream towards Bedford. The whole river system there is much quieter than the Broads.

Carole

3 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

We also have two tubular heaters in our engine bay on a frost stat, these type of heaters have been around for years, many shops used to have them in the shop windows to stop condensation, these older type have an oval profile. the 240 volt heaters are usually 20 watts per foot.

My showing your age recalling those. Often were not particularly good as I remember many shops one could not see what was behind the window in winter.