what can i do with these?

Hi

my shafts drip with water so while i'm out i thought i'd have a look

i managed to get to it sort of and take a few pics

there's 2 but this one was easier to get at hopefully they are both the same

can they be tightened or do i have to swap the seal/bearing or whatever i have no idea about these as you can tell lol

post-1-136713856493_thumb.jpg

post-1-136713856503_thumb.jpg

all i can say is i wish all the jobs i've had to do on this boat were as easy as doing this

i asked a couple of the guys down here at Goodchild where i am for advice on how to do it

and they supplied the rope stuff the right size and told me how to do it

it took a matter of 10 mins once i'd figured out how to undo the big nut and that it has a locking nut on it ;)

woo hoo

next job trying to figure out how to bend ally fender strips round 90 degree bends and the bow of my boat without kinky it :~

all i can say is i wish all the jobs i've had to do on this boat were as easy as doing this

i asked a couple of the guys down here at Goodchild where i am for advice on how to do it

and they supplied the rope stuff the right size and told me how to do it

it took a matter of 10 mins once i'd figured out how to undo the big nut and that it has a locking nut on it ;)

woo hoo

next job trying to figure out how to bend ally fender strips round 90 degree bends and the bow of my boat without kinky it :~

In the area you want to bend the alloy. Heat with blow torch, at first the flame on the alloy will be blue, when the alloy heats up and flame changes colour to a nice yellow/orange colour quash the alloy in water, you should then find it easily maluable without cracking round a tight bend. the alloy will harden up again over a few days.

Hope thats of help.