Hot Water / Calorifier

If only people used a touch of grease when building the engines this would never happen. when ever i get a new car i spend a day removing greasing all relevant bolts on suspension and engine,   copper slipping back of wheels f ally, then spraying oiling where necessary. when i took my car for a set of tires the fitter came out with a long pri bar i told him you wont need that as they have been greased he said he wished very body did this.  as now when disc brakes are fitted the wheels dont get removed on a service unlike drum brakes are,  which often means ally wheels get corroded on hubs. John

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, annv said:

If only people used a touch of grease when building the engines this would never happen. when ever i get a new car i    copper slipping back of wheels f ally,

John Coppaslip not recommended for alloy wheels, as it puts yet another Metal into the electrolyte Mix, which can lead to worse corrosion with salt from the roads. Better using High Melting point grease.

1 hour ago, Ray said:

The housing is next to the heat exchanger on mine and the 4 bolts are nicely accessible. I remembered what you said though and proceeded with as much caution as I could, which wasn't much I guess.... 3 of them sheered off!

At least I knew from your post that it could happen so I didn't tear my hair out lol

The lovely people at Sutton Staithe Boatyard are coming next week to fix it for me. I know I could attempt this as a DIY job but it's always best I think to know my limitations and not risk making a bad job worse 👍

Thats a real pain!

• Like 1