holiday time

Guest Broadsfreak

After a lapse of a couple of years, we've decided to rent a cottage next year instead of a boat, it's Owlswick on Grebe Island at Horning. Can anyone please help with a few questions?

If anyone's stayed there can you advise what we can expect about the location and the fishing from the property? Also, is there anywhere at Horning where I can hire a rowing dinghy?

regards

Stefan. cheersbar

Freedom Cruiser will hire dinghys, see the bit at the bottom of the page after their Day boats and Picnic Boats,

if looking for a long term hire don't miss the bit about

"long term prices are discounted for cruiser hirers, and double that shown for independent hire)

http://www.freedomboatingholidays.com/day_boats.php

Location wise Grebe Island seems to be on that section of the river between the New Inn and the Ferry Inn.

The bit where there are lots of dykes and inlets and every house seems to have a private mooring.

I think "Grebe Island" is a bit of a general name as the dykes seem to have seperated into several islands

but they all appear to have vehicular access.

Not to far off of Lower Street, and the New Inn will be your closest watering hole...

:P HI BROADFREAK.

i will be there at owlswick 20/10/2011 i will let you know what it is like when we come back,

we have used this company before on grebe island it was a large 5 bedroom cottage and it was the best cottage we have ever booked.

the fishing is good the main river should be fished early morning or late everning during the day the best place is the inlets at the side of the cottages.

hope this helps

Thanks gang !

Scooter - I will look forward to any information at all ! particularly regarding the fishing, I know Horning well and can't wait to get back. Owlswick seems to be very close to the Norfolk Broads Yachting Co.Hope there's not loads of boat traffic ! cheers Mate !

Regards

Stefan