Covid Increasing Again Locally It Seems

On 08/04/2022 at 17:30, ExSurveyor said:

I did read somewhere that they say if you haven't caught it yet, you have no friends 😷

Woohoo it appears I have friends, when I say friends it's more a case of infected disease mongers! :facepalm:

Just tested positive, bang goes easter on the boat... :default_icon_cry:

Had a dodgy throat and bit of a headache since yesterday but tested negative this morning so went to work, hopefully not spread it about too much.

SWMBO is still negative so have a beer fetcher. :default_beerchug:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, NotDeadYet said:

We have also finally succumbed, after 2 years of being sensible. Similar experience to Meantime above, but with no loss of smell or taste.  We are both triple jabbed and I've now been invited for a fourth, so do feel better off than when all this started.  However, it was still unpleasant and I do have a lingering dry throat and a shortage of energy, although I now test clear.  We do have to live with this thing now, but I recommend you avoid if possible!  Best wishes for a solid recovery to all those affected.

Seems a common situation, we got Covid 3 weeks ago (after avoiding for 2 years plus all vaccinations/boosters) whilst I was still recovering from acute bronchitis, was very concerned that additional respiratory infection would be serious complication but current Covid variant much milder impact, apart from the ongoing lethargy which many reporting. 

So yes, best avoided but take heart that it does seem quite mild, even for those with existing respiratory conditions 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you are correct Vaughan.   My sister went into hospital with pancreatic cancer and caught Covid within the 10 days that she was in there , she died of pancreatic cancer but you can bet your bottom dollar Covid was on the death certificate as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Hylander said:

she died of pancreatic cancer but you can bet your bottom dollar Covid was on the death certificate as well.

My mother "died of the 'flu" in a nursing home, back in 2000.  There is no doubt that the 'flu hastened her end as she was not strong enough to fight it off.  She actually died of a weak heart in old age and that is what the certificate said.

It was January and there was a lot of 'flu "going around" but at least then, all of her close family were able to be with her at her bedside when she died.

All the covid security measures have been taken away at my wife's hospital. Out patients clinics are opening up again and there's a much busier feel to the whole place. Some patients can be there own worse enemies at times, sneaking outside meeting family loved ones that weren't allowed in during the pandemic with no regard to the virus. But I do think we have got to get on with life with covid. We missed a trip to Thailand for my wife's 50th due to covid. She's since had covid twice most probably caught it thro work passed it onto me etc. We have decided enough is enough and will be making that journey next April with our friends. Life has got to go on...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vaughan said:

I note the words "All deaths data"

It's slightly misleading. The graphic is for deaths within 28 days of a positive test. The text you highlight is actually a link which obviously you cannot get to in Hylanders screen grab. The link takes you to, as you might imagine, all the data in various different formats and with different parameters.

It's actually about time they did away with the Covid dashboard as it has largely become meaningless. Since LFT test are no longer free for the majority of people testing has diminished dramatically skewing all the other figures. Thankfully it has also become a milder disease for the majority and the hospital admission figure has risen as a result of people being tested when they attend hospital for something else and being told, Oh by the way you have Covid as well!!.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Meantime said:

It's slightly misleading. The graphic is for deaths within 28 days of a positive test. The text you highlight is actually a link which obviously you cannot get to in Hylanders screen grab. The link takes you to, as you might imagine, all the data in various different formats and with different parameters.

It's actually about time they did away with the Covid dashboard as it has largely become meaningless. Since LFT test are no longer free for the majority of people testing has diminished dramatically skewing all the other figures. Thankfully it has also become a milder disease for the majority and the hospital admission figure has risen as a result of people being tested when they attend hospital for something else and being told, Oh by the way you have Covid as well!!.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/search?

Picked my young daughter up from her evening job last week. She told me a colleague is in working whilst still testing posititive.

They are allowed, so it's going to happen. So far none of us are showing any symptons, so hopefully our recent bout of it has done it's job antibody wise ( plus jabs of course )

41 minutes ago, RumPunch said:

Picked my young daughter up from her evening job last week. She told me a colleague is in working whilst still testing posititive.

They are allowed, so it's going to happen. So far none of us are showing any symptons, so hopefully our recent bout of it has done it's job antibody wise ( plus jabs of course )

That may be the current ruling but we all its wrong, if positive stay at home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumPunch said:

That's not the 1st time I've heard that. Our sons company is asking its employees to come into work if they have tested positive if they feel ok . I've even heard of it happening in the nhs, not front line staff tho, administrative staff. 

4 hours ago, Meantime said:

Yes I agree, it's people who died within 28 days of testing positive, arriving at these statistics by comparing death certificate's with registered positive tests I presume. Therefore a person in a fatal car crash who had tested positive within 28 days, would be included in the statistics.

My wife and I tested positive 6 weeks ago, which lasted for 5 days. We self isolated but had no symptoms and so didn't bother notifying anyone. I think therefore that these statistics are now very misleading where deaths are concerned.

4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

We both came out of isolation Friday and by the end of the day had talked to 7 other people that had also just gone negative, all described the same snotty cold starting with headache and sore throat. 

Our 2nd bout was just as you described, but the 1st was far far worse. I'm guessing our jabs had some impact on how we felt 2nd time around. I'm sure it won't be the last time we have it either. 

• 2 months later...

Well I was surprised this morning to receive a txt inviting me along this afternoon for my 4th jab. The wife had the same msg. Unfortunately she's at work so can't make it. But I'm going along as we've been thinking about trying to grab a winter sun holiday in October. Perfect timing 👌