BA Electric Cards 2022 - Power Per £

I’m proper relieved that we have solar panels, hybrid inverter and lithium storage batteries. Our feed in tariff is indexed linked to the price per kilowatt too so where electric consumption and price is concerned we are protected. Gas however is another matter

Griff

We too have a woodburner (Tony has a business as a hedge layer so plenty of wood available), solar panels and a contraption that diverts the electricity generated to heat the hot water tank, but I’d be very interested to hear more about the storage batteries Griff - initial outlay, what the power is then used for and at what times of day and size (eg do they fit in the loft or the garage?)

A few years ago, we had considered buying storage heaters and ‘charging them up’ so to speak with the solar power, (as the diverter thing has space for 3 more diversions before sending to the grid), discharging evening and early morning, but they were quite costly to buy. But with the economics of it all changing, they might seem more reasonable now. 

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

I’m proper relieved that we have solar panels, hybrid inverter and lithium storage batteries. Our feed in tariff is indexed linked to the price per kilowatt too so where electric consumption and price is concerned we are protected. Gas however is another matter

Griff