on our hols at last

loribear

:wave hi all me & my sis are finally floating on our hols, we came down on monday on the train from chessy to norwich, then we got the train to wroxham, then shared a taxi with another couple from london, & it cost us £16.00 just to stalham from wroxham, we hired san remo, nice boat but not very nice colour :lol: , we first stopped at ludham, & realised that we'd not got very much in the way of groceries, so we went to see if the bridge shop was open, BUT we were out of luck, so we decided to go to the dog inn pub, had a drink & ask this young man if there was any other shops around, & he said that there was one about half a mile away & that he would take there, which he did bless him, what a guy, this is a pic of our boat,[attachment=0]pics 010.JPG[/attachment]

tuesday 20th

today we decided to go to great yarmouth as we found out that we could'nt charge our fones as we'd only brought our normal chargers but there was no plug,only car charging plug, so we went & had lunch had a walk around & had to buy some car charging plugs, that'll teach us :lol: i can't believe how busy it is down here, there's boats moored up for about half a mile, & the wind is getting up, so it looks like we're going to have a bumpy night, it's the first time we've moored up at yarmouth & it seems abit pricy at £12.00 for the night. so lets hope it not too windy tomorrow, as we're going across breydon.bye for now, :Stinky lori

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wave hi all i had problems with my laptop earlier, with the signal, so could'nt put any more pics on ,so here are the rest of them sorry,[attachment=4]P1010202.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]P1010201.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]P1010206.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]P1010207.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]P1010205.JPG[/attachment] lori ice slice

Hi Lori,

I was about yesterday but did not check to see when you were about, perhaps if i am about when you come back I can say hello., :wave

:wave hi clive we will be back on sunday, probably about 2.30ish, it would be really nice to see you before we go home, lori cheers

hi lori

glad you guys sorted out the taxi to the yard. we were moored next to your boat last week on melody and i must say i preferred san remos paint job to ours, that said their a great boat for two and we enjoyed her. didnt like the shower as i kept banging my head on the roof :cry im only 5ft 10. hope the weather stays good for you guys.

andy

:wave hi snowy yes you are right we are in oulton broad, we had a rather bumpy night as the currant was very strong, & according to the harbour masters at gt yarmouth it was the neap tide, they were a life saver , my laptop went & died on me last night, & they charged it up for me, i bought a car charger for my laptop but none of the plugin bits fitted, norfolk people save the day the again, we came over breydon this morning, stopped off at somerleyton for lunch then came on to oulton, we're sitting enjoying the sun at the moment, can't believe how nice the weather is for september ,off to the pub tonight, to our lady of the lake, lori & sandra. cheersice slice

I bought a car charger for my laptop but none of the plugin bits fitted

Lori,

Rather than worry about 12v chargers for everything it might be worth thinking about investing in a small 12V -240v inverter.

Here is the one I use, and where I got it from...

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=99827

It simply plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and you plug your normal mains charger into it.

Great for things like digital cameras where it can be difficult to get a 12v charger.

none you walked past the window today at work lol! love the hair colour :grin:

:wave hi snowy, which place do you work in ? you ought to have come & said hello, i don't bite you know, i'm adraid we don't think much of the lady in the lake pub more like dead lady in the lake lol , so we went to the waveney, we're now sat in the wherry hotel, lori cheersice slice

:wave:wave goodmorning everybody ,& what a lovely morning it is too, it was quite busy here in the marine yesterday with boats, we only just managed to get in, after we'd been to the bitch in the ditch :lol: we went to the waveney pub for a few drinks, then decided to go the wherry but because it was light we'd left the curtains open so we decide to go & close them on way to wherry,as there was a large gang of lads on cycles hanging about, & it makes you feel abit insecure when you've got all them gadets onboard, anyway off sandra trots to close the curtains & nearly missed her footing getting onboard :lol: , then we went off to the wherry & as soon as we started to enter the hotel she went & tripped again & nearly went flat on her face :lol::lol: , & of course everybody in the bar saw her & burst out laughing, so we went to the bar & there was a young couple there, the boyfriend burst out laughing but his girlfriend hid behind him, she tried not to laugh but she could'nt help herself & started to laugh, but luckily sandra is laid back like me & she found it too, anyway we did have have a good night out, it was quite choppy last night again & we were rocking all night, but i did'nt mind as it it rocked me to sleep aah :lol: , i got woken up early this morning by the laughing ducks,great, i love it, today we are off for a trip so to speak :lol: to reedham after breakfast, sorry we did'nt get to meet you snowy, maybe next year,here's a few pics of oulton. lori :Stinky[attachment=2]P1010225.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]P1010224.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]P1010226.JPG[/attachment]

Hi Lozi me and Wombat just watched you go by the BA moorings in St Olaves we did wave but you didnt see us, have a good holiday :wave

:wave hi all just thought i'd update things, we've finally met snowy, at oulton broad, just before we left, it was nice to see you at last, & sorry that we missed you wombat & quo vadis, lori