on our hols at last

loribear

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

How much is a 4% share in Thunder Matt, i`l be more likely to go for one of the Shadows, (not the band either ;) ) but Thunder would be nice depending on how much a 4% share costs. When are you next up there too?.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how my post above is showing as being posted yesterday as I am sure I wrote it last year but never mind.....

Neil,

There is currently no 4%/2 week shares for sale in Thunder there are only 8% (4 week share) for sale. They are priced at £8k. You would need to speak to BCBM to see if they would split the shares for sale as they are managing he sale from the previous owner.

The 8% share in Evening Shadow shown on the BCBM website is on the verge of being sold.

My own personal view is that Thunder is a big boat for two people, particularly as there is currently no now thruster although the current owners do want one-just waiting for more owners to share the cost!

If it is the annual costs that you are worried about there is an 8% share for sale in Goosander (31ft Alpha) for £5k. She is self managed and being a smaller boat the annual costs would be £700 according to the BCBM website

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Matt, thanks for the reply. I`m particularly after one of the Shadows, because we`d like to bring family with us on some occaisions. I just thought with the extra space on Thunder, we could take more guests at a time. Regarding the 2 of us on a 44ftr, that`s not a problem, as when we used to hire Osprey (42ft fwd drv Alpha) from Maffett cruisers, i was often doing the mooring on my own, even on the faster flowing southern rivers. I seem to remember most of the others were scared of falling in :lol: .