Hireboat retirements

Dan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to see some Broom fitted Aquafibre 32 & 29s up for sale from Le Boat in the form of Tamaris LS & Capri TS classes in France (originally from Emerald Star Line in Ireland).

Ideal for anyone wanting an extra boat/base in France, or for those prepared to travel to find their perfect Norfolk Broads boat!

http://www.leboatbrokerage.com/canal-bo ... s+For+Sale

Dan

You might be right Clive - I couldnt spy a Broom badge, and some were fitted in Portumna (and other places too maybe?)....

Still great boats, but I suppose the Broom fitout & most important of all is the badge is a must have if considering one from those classes as you just cannot look down on others as much without it! :naughty:

Dan

with an internal floor tray and all windows/ doors from Trend I think the only difference is the galley worktop :ugeek:

BTW we have put some boats on our website, www.richardsonsboatsales.net but for some reason the pics wont load so was not going to mention it just yet :naughty:

there are some more to be added over the next couple of days and also a Aquafibre 33 which has seemed to have gone missing from the site :?

with an internal floor tray and all windows/ doors from Trend I think the only difference is the galley worktop :ugeek:

BTW we have put some boats on our website, http://www.richardsonsboatsales.net but for some reason the pics wont load so was not going to mention it just yet :naughty:

there are some more to be added over the next couple of days and also a Aquafibre 33 which has seemed to have gone missing from the site :?

yer i noticed that a couple of days back rather like broadland lass

Jonny

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think I can remember one since the mid 90s.

It does seem a shame because as Andy said their 42 foot Alpha's along with the rest of the fleet let pretty well and would be reasonabky high earners I would think... so I am unsure as to their reasoning also.

Dan

hi guys, as u have said jonzo how many customers will be tempted away to the yards with new boats on offer. both royalls and summercraft have fantastic reputations for their hire fleets and rightly so, but they dont seem to keep up with other yards such as silverline and swancraft in terms of new builds and who have the same size fleets. royall satin was the last new build i think which is a fantastic boat, royall oak was the last addition to their fleet and with the upgrades they made to here she has proved to be a huge hit with the customers. would royalls be able to build one of alphas duel steers would it fit into their shed hight wise ? maybe they dont like the duel steer concept i know they are very traditional yard. but lets hope they replace continental.poped into the yard on our last trip in sept and we tried to book royall oak for next april spoke to nigel, and she was heavily booked back then and we couldnt get the week we wanted so maybe oak no2 is on its way.

• 6 months later...

always intresting to see whats for sale ex hire, and after spending the weekend at stalham on my first visit of the year to pirate of hearts, i happened to take a peek at the 'for sale' row! must admit i do like the Bourne 35(always liked-and have hired San Moritz at Riccos), but that Top Gem-What a boat, really like the look of that...lot of boat for that money, any history on that one Clive? ;)

always intresting to see whats for sale ex hire, and after spending the weekend at stalham on my first visit of the year to pirate of hearts, i happened to take a peek at the 'for sale' row! must admit i do like the Bourne 35(always liked-and have hired San Moritz at Riccos), but that Top Gem-What a boat, really like the look of that...lot of boat for that money, any history on that one Clive? ;)

she is a good boat, as the all are :grin:

San Moritz 3 has just been sold and there are the two Morning Horizons for sale at the moment.

Boat Prices are not what they were two years ago or even last year, the big boats are not in demand so

you can get a lot for the money.

if Top Gem does not sell soon she may well end up back on hire!