Keleka's Kruises

Ray

Days afloat: 6

Pubs visited: 6 (@Smoggy ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿบ)

Times too much to eat & drink: 6

Engine hours: 25

Geographical regions of the Broads visited: 2 (both ๐Ÿ™‚)

Warm & sunny days: 6

Dog vomit on berth: 0

Dog vomit in pub: 1 (We all died of shame๐Ÿ™„)

Hit & Run third parties: 1 (Could have been worse)

Suicidal dayboat helm: 1

Constipated dog: 1 (Don't ask)

Danni's Diner Reviews:-

Falgate: ๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—

First time here, warm welcome and friendly. I suspect Dad of sharing more chip than ham but that is hardly the fault of the establishment! Will definitely visit again.

The Nelson, Reedham:

๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ— Been here before and more than happy to return anytime. A pub dog is always a good indicator of a warm welcome. Dad had a full rack of ribs which he shared generously (we both overdid it a bit which of course is "a good thing"

The White Horse, Chedgrave:

๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ— What can I bark that hasn't already been barked? Lovely in every way and I'm pretty sure no one noticed when I threw up.

Coldham Hall ๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—

This was the favourite of the week for me, the staff loved me more than mum & dad do and I wanted to stay with them forever

The Ferry Inn, Stokesby

๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—

An old favourite, very friendly and welcoming, good food and what a relief after being stuck on the bยฃ@&#y boat for 6 hours that food was served at 4pm. We stayed the night ๐Ÿ˜

The Kings Head, Ludham

๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—

Both staff and other customers worshipped me as one would expect. Good food and although one doesn't carry money (obviously) my staff remarked on the good value.

Some general points a Greyhound really should point out about one's dining out -

1. I never get to choose the venue ๐Ÿ™„

2. Mum and dad both tend to drink fizzy beer of foreign origin so I can't begin to review it ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿคฎ

3. Scraps from mum's plate are usually as small as contractual obligation allow and fall into the category of "You can have this.. if you must" I am currently exploring the possibility of a claim under the "Minimum Scraps Act (2007) as amended (2018) Subsection IV para 13" Which, as you know, specifies that scraps should be of sufficient quantity to taste without actually chewing. Anyway, the ball's in her court... although I will of course fetch it all day long.

Danni Dog

ย 

ย 

ย 

PXL_20220511_193418166~2.jpg

PXL_20220510_180010831.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20220512_154626934.jpg

PXL_20220511_183751961.jpg

PXL_20220510_163638174_exported_166_1652208756225~2.jpg

PXL_20220510_163625147_exported_2433_1652208733206.jpg

PXL_20220512_124504318.jpg

PXL_20220510_143926265_exported_1958_1652208437583~2.jpg

PXL_20220510_143459634.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20220510_132043553_exported_233_1652208137064.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

Brilliant. Thatโ€™s the best Broads pubs review Iโ€™ve ever seen. Danni Dog looks in seventh heaven in the fourth photo. Not surprised with owners like you.

I take it that you, as well as Danni Dog had a good time?ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Looking at photo 4, Iโ€™m assuming that you get relegated to sleeping on the sofa in the saloon, Ray! ย Danni sure looks at home on the bed!! ๐Ÿ˜

You are not wrong ๐Ÿ˜‚ although, of course, if I make the mistake of looking comfortable then she'll join me wherever I am.... ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kpnut said:

Does she always sleep with one leg in the air like that? Mine does, and Iโ€™ve never seen another dog do that.ย 
She looks a real character. Xx

Yes she does, well in variations of that pose anyway. She is a character you're right but also a bit of a 'princess' if you know what I mean ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

ย 

"Scrapsย from mum's plate are usually as small as contractual obligation allow and fall into the category of "You can have this.. if you must" I am currently exploring the possibility of a claim under the "Minimum Scraps Act (2007) as amended (2018) Subsection IV para 13" Which, as you know, specifies that scraps should be of sufficient quantity to taste without actually chewing. Anyway, the ball's in her court... although I will of course fetch it all day long.

Danni Dog"

ย 

ย 

Thanks for the heads up Danni. I have asked to go to the library immediately so I can research this Minimum Scraps Act as I feel it would be beneficial to us all. Sadly it seems they are 'too busy' so I have put on my best sulky face, that'll show em!ย 

20220516_081730.thumb.jpg.476fb8a74ecede51db34bee73afbf356.jpg

ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Days afloat: 1

Pubs visited: 1

Number of days worth of Bonio crumbs onboard: 7

44th Wedding Anniversaries: 1 (seems like a keeper but she's still on probation)

Trouble with wind: 1 boat 1 crew

Danni's Diner Review

As usual I didn't get to choose the venue and I do think that a day out, if planned properly, could include 2 refreshment breaks, Coffee and Cake (hold the coffee) and lunch, but what do I know!

You can't get the staff, but I digress...

The King's Arms, Ludham

๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—

Well as you know I love this place, in addition to great food anf friendly staff there is carpet to lay on... although I was the only one of our party to make use of this, who knows what's going on in their minds (if anything!)

The butler and maid choose ham, egg & chips and cod and chips with a couple of pints of that fizzy foreign beer (if you can call it that!)

Ham and cod both first class, the ambiance was classic pub. My people certainly know how to go all out when celebrating ๐Ÿ™„

ย 

PXL_20220527_103407228.jpg

PXL_20220527_114642964~2.jpg

PXL_20220527_114703909~2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2