the lady of the lake

loribear

At this rate we’ll be left with the Wherry, the Waveney and the Flying Dutchman. The Commodore (I think) is still closed and the one near the station (forget the name) is now a chemist or something similar. Sign of the times sadly. The old BITD was getting a bit tired but had a bit of atmosphere. Great shame, particularly if its lost as a pub.

post-131-136713863639_thumb.jpg

At this rate we’ll be left with the Wherry, the Waveney and the Flying Dutchman. The Commodore (I think) is still closed and the one near the station (forget the name) is now a chemist or something similar. Sign of the times sadly. The old BITD was getting a bit tired but had a bit of atmosphere. Great shame, particularly if its lost as a pub.

Not to mention Broadview (great pint of Adnams Explorer) and The Red Herring (varies but sometimes Adnams plus a guest beer). Both places are very welcoming and really nice lunchtime watering holes. cheersice slice

The Flying Dutchman served me the worse pint of Wherry in my recent 60-pub trail to get my 36pints of Sundew! :cry:cry:cry

Chiefly I'll miss those fantastic jam-sessions on Thursday nights at The Lady.... really professional guys enjoying themselves. :clap:clap:clap

much shame

good beer & good music

this year & 2009 went down there on the saturday & enjoyed both visits

one thing that noticed was not all the lights working in the band room which compared to the war of the worlds effects in 2009 indicated a lack of funds to change equipment

managed to find the shed @ wroxham this year and stayed all day apart from eating excellent fish @ the bridge. seemed some idiot authorities are trying to close it as non restaurant venue though

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I remember back in 89, some friends and i "enjoyed the company of 3 young ladies" we met in there :naughty::naughty: , but now, it`ll possibly be just another wetherspoon mass produced food pub/restaurant, or another indian or chinese :roll::roll: .

Oh no!

Probably the best pub on the Broads for live music (especially if you like rock!) and one of my primary reasons for visiting Oulton. Unfortunately the place was often almost deserted on non-music nights. Their Sunday roasts were really good too!

working within a stones throw of the lady and being an ex customer too...

I'll report back as soon as I know...

But dont fear! the betting shop is re opening in 3 weeks time as an Indian Restrant... A SECOND ONE!!!

working within a stones throw of the lady and being an ex customer too...

I'll report back as soon as I know...

But dont fear! the betting shop is re opening in 3 weeks time as an Indian Restrant... A SECOND ONE!!!

That will be a third one if you include one up in the station!!

cheersbar

• 2 years later...

Sadly the BITD did get flooded with water in the kitchen and the cellar. According to Richard it wasn't faring too badly but then an emergency vehicle with lights and sirens went down the main road that runs behind the back of the pub through the flood water and sent a two foot bow wave towards the back fence of the pub which is made up of some kind of concrete gravel boards slotted into metal posts. A lot of this gave way and the pub got a second soaking from the rear as well as the water that was already coming in through the front. Last he said is it could possibly be months rather than weeks till it reopens. I think most of the kitchen equipment was already being lifted up as the waters were rising so much of that should have survived I would have thought.