Golden Bridge

andyg

Currently sitting by the river having a drink @ the nelson in Norwich. Had a call from bridgecraft last week saying we could collect the boat @ 11.30am Friday Wow never had such an early start time. Anyways il make my apologies for not attending the meet, I had every intention of doing so, but last weeks bad news and the week I've got to endure when we return home I feel I need time alone to reflect and gather my thoughts. Have a great weekend everyone, don't drink to much and enjoy. If you see plz give us a wave 👋 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy your week Andy. The Broads are just the place to be in such circumstances. Watch yourself though. I was so tired the beginning of the week that we had on the Broads following my Mam’s funeral that I had two falls in one day, one of them catching the bottom of my ribs rather painfully. Took ages before I stopped getting twinges on my starboard side. 

• Love 1

Hope you can find some time for yourself after everything is done Andy. That’s definitely when I really started to come to terms with things after my mum’s funeral as well. And made some sense of it all. 

We are currently moored at the Berney Arms, have to say not my favourite spot. We'd had a dreadful night's sleep thurs and just wanted to stop. Our 1st time with bridge and they really do know how to welcome customer's. We arrived a tad earlier then agreed ( bet we all do that lol ) and was greeted by Stephanie, how refreshing to be welcomed by my first name  in fact she called me Andy. We chatted for a while then was asked to just wait with our car for a few minutes. Staff all seemed very welcoming. We were soon aboard and unfortunately it started to rain. We had a very thorough hand over with Mark the yard owner we even had the fuel tank dipped to show us it was full. Excellent first impression. Sadly didn't get to meet Daniel he was busy doing over things. I wanted some tips on cutting big holes in boats, he seems to be very good at it lol..let's not kid ourselves here golden bridge is getting a bit long in the tooth and is priced accordingly but she was presented spotlessly clean and is very comfy, I can assure you we've paid a great deal more for far less. So if you like the look of any of there fleet, go for it you won't be disappointed. 

• Like 6

In my days of hiring, regardless of the age of the boats, I never found a better boatyard than Bridgecraft

All the very best to you all at this difficult time, but try and have the very best time :default_smile:

I thought you'd enjoy the customer service, Andy. I certainly did last year and I've booked a return to Bridgecraft in 2023. 

I used to enjoy Berney Arms but it is maybe a bit bleak nowadays with the pub and mill both long since closed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Broads01 said:

I thought you'd enjoy the customer service, Andy. I certainly did last year and I've booked a return to Bridgecraft in 2023. 

I used to enjoy Berney Arms but it is maybe a bit bleak nowadays with the pub and mill both long since closed.

I'm pretty sure we will be returning Simon but like you it will be 23 as we are fully committed for this year. I don't think they have a great deal of availability left for this season anyways. I wouldn't be in a rush to stop here again if I'm perfectly honest. We are moving onto geldstone this morning looking forward to our cruise down to Beccles I haven't done it in years. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DanBroadgate said:

Hi Andy sorry I missed you I was at our marina lifting boats , hope you have a great week and come say hi when your back Friday and I’ll show you round the yard 😃 Daniel

5C1165BD-2D96-4C1E-83DD-9463A7370E8F.jpeg

A2D10265-8AB0-40FD-8495-8CFDA10C02A9.jpeg

Glad your keeping busy 🙂  can't have you sitting about Daniel lol..

7 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Hi Andy 

Think we passed you coming up through Yarmouth. Mrs Nog was on waving duty. 

Agree 101% re your Bridgecraft comments. Excellent yard. 

Hi Howard are you on humber ?? I've waved at everyone I've noticed. 

• Like 1

On 20/05/2022 at 20:08, andyg said:

golden bridge is getting a bit long in the tooth and is priced accordingly but she was presented spotlessly clean and is very comfy, I can assure you we've paid a great deal more for far less. So if you like the look of any of there fleet, go for it you won't be disappointed. 

Hi Andy, yes you won't be disappointed we used to hire Golden Bridge before we bought our boat, we even thought of buying it if they ever wanted to sell which we thought they had, then found out they were refitting her and hiring out again, it used to be there Friday boat which was good for us and a lot quieter than picking a boat up on a Saturday, sorry you had to miss the gathering Saturday it was good, enjoy your week and look after Golden Bridge regards Ted

• Like 1

Well Saturday brought a whole re think of our planned itinerary. We'd had a dreadful night sleep at the Berney Arms Friday and change our minds about cruising the southern broads. A u turn halfway to Reedham on Saturday morning saw us heading back north. Arrived at womack Staithe sat pm in glorious sunshine, walked up to the village grabbed a few bits had a pint in the pub and walk back. Spent a wonderful afternoon,evening just chilling onboard in the sun. Sunday we had a lovely slow plod to wroxham through the bridge we went and have spent the day at Coltishall. It's been absolutely glorious here today. We ate the Sunday roast at the rising sun and very nice it was. Its just dosent get better then this. When did it cost 15 quid for the bridge pilot...jeez you can tell lens back @ NBD 🤔 ..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eddybear said:

Hi Andy, yes you won't be disappointed we used to hire Golden Bridge before we bought our boat, we even thought of buying it if they ever wanted to sell which we thought they had, then found out they were refitting her and hiring out again, it used to be there Friday boat which was good for us and a lot quieter than picking a boat up on a Saturday, sorry you had to miss the gathering Saturday it was good, enjoy your week and look after Golden Bridge regards Ted

She still is a fri start boat. She's very comfy if not the youngest boat we've hired. But good value for money and everything works just fine. We are booking either tay or Chelsea when we get back Friday. We are leaning towards Chelsea at the mo. 

• Like 1

Have a great time Andy!

But really, don’t judge the southern Broads from mooring at Barney. We moored at Polkey’s Mill last year (between Barney and Reedham). I’d been really looking forward to mooring there. In the middle of nowhere, must be so peaceful. Trouble is, the tide is so strong there, and turns during the night (obviously) that we got a lot of bow slap. Not so peaceful!

My takeaway from that experience is to think twice before mooring anywhere further downstream than Reedham or St Olaves, and actually I’m not to sure of those two having moored up at both locations during the day and seen the rate that the tide streams by. 

11 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Have a great time Andy!

But really, don’t judge the southern Broads from mooring at Barney. We moored at Polkey’s Mill last year (between Barney and Reedham). I’d been really looking forward to mooring there. In the middle of nowhere, must be so peaceful. Trouble is, the tide is so strong there, and turns during the night (obviously) that we got a lot of bow slap. Not so peaceful!

My takeaway from that experience is to think twice before mooring anywhere further downstream than Reedham or St Olaves, and actually I’m not to sure of those two having moored up at both locations during the day and seen the rate that the tide streams by. 

Oh don't even mention the blow slap lol...

• Like 1

Not the best of days weather wise. Ended up tucked up in the corner of herbert woods basin. What a plonker I am, I'd totally forgotten to fill up with water and half way through the wife's shower this morning guess what lol. Nowhere to fill up between Coltishall and wroxham unfortunately. Back in the dog house I went tail between legs lol. The pipe at landmoores is broken,  dam...saw water rail and Peters joy moored at the Staithe as we picked the pilot up, straight through the bridge and into NBD basin and topped up.. I noticed some red dot's painted at the top of both sides of the bridge's arch ? Some sort of guided to help the pilots I guess. Off to Ranworth we went got straight in at the Staithe. Kimbo ( that's the wife ) likes the coffee shop and gift shop. We only needed milk and bread bizarrely it cost 37 pounds 😒 headed off for potter. Coming out of the entrance for Ranworth turning right I saw something I've never seen before. One of Richardson’s boats moored stern on to a wild mooring mudweight deployed and sticking 42ft out into the river just b4 a bend. I waveed and got a wave and smile back so assumed everything was OK. Strange place to moor. I've blatantly refused to be dragged around the emporium of toot but wanted to visit the Norada for a pint as we haven't been in yet but it's absolutely chucking in down. So I've settled for a cuppa and a nice cream apple turnover. I'll pop over the pub later once the rain eases up. Not a bad life tho...

• Like 5