Golden Bridge

andyg

8 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

If you can do £37 in the shop at Ranworth, I dread to think what the damage could be in the tat Emporium!!

Should of seen the damage she caused to the wallet in Jamaica, all our neighbours got bob marley cd gift box set...jeez...

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

If you can do £37 in the shop at Ranworth, I dread to think what the damage could be in the tat Emporium!!

I managed to go to Lathams on Sunday and not spend a penny. Mind you, did buy a fish and chips takeaway at the cafe on the corner.

Took the OH into the Lathams tackle shop - she wasn't impressed at the maggots, even if they were multi-coloured. LOL, the shop assistant told her they still all taste the same ...

20 minutes ago, grendel said:

I too spotted that boat stern moored to the bank, and thought how bizarre, but they seemed to be enjoying it.

My 1st thought was they had broken down, but got the thumbs up..obviously a woman at the helm whilst mooring...now where did I put that tin hat..

Well what a box of frogs the weather has been today.. I woke at 3am, my mind just can't switch of from next week's event and just what I'm going to say at the funeral. I sat having a coffee onboard trying to scribble down some words. We started off quite early as we wanted to pop back to the yard to get a pumpout and I'd left some paperwork in the car I needed. There was me thinking Tues was a quite day at Bridgecraft, yep got that wrong full turnaround day in full swing when we arrived. Got squeezed in and sorted. Had breakfast at dunes cafe ( the old shop by the bridge) and very nice it was give it a go if passing, the cakes are very nice as well. Off down the ant we went watching the black clouds and showers as we went. Them big norfolk skies never disappoint. Arrived at Neatishead Staithe and got straight in. A walk down to the white horse for a pint and book a table for our evening meal. What a lovely pub, we decided to have an early dinner as I was feeling the pace due to being up since 3ish. Both kimbo and I are big fans of the lion at Thurne and the white horse is as every bit as good. Great service and very nice food 10_10 from us. Gonna have a early night the wife's playing some silly bloody game on her phone and I'm knackered. Great day tho 😄 oh Mr nog Stephanie passed on your msg sir thanks. Double oh..we've only gone and booked Chelsea Bridge for next year..Guess we're becoming part of the big Bridgecraft family 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Broads01 said:

I don't think you'll go far wrong with Chelsea Bridge, Andy, it looks very good value. I like the look of the set back helm positions on Chelsea and Humber. You may get a look at Chelsea when you return on Friday.

We will indeed Simon she will be in on Friday morning, sadly Kim has a slight back problem and we need a boat with easier stern access. Chelsea offers this with the cut out transom. Personally I think all the fleet offer good value for money. 

• Like 2

Cheers Andy, yes thinking about you when we were chatting with Stephanie. Glad you are enjoying Bridgecraft and you do indeed feel almost part of the family, the sort of personal service you will never get from the bigger yards. I've looked over Chelsea, very nice boat and as you say good access with the flatter stern. We like the Humber as it just has that little extra space but would happily hire either. Glad you enjoyed the White Horse too. Top pub, we were in last Wednesday. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! :1311_thumbsup_tone2::default_beerchug:

• Like 2

I was quite surprised with the white horse Howard. I wasn't expecting it to be so modern inside, we sat up on the mezzanine in the restaurant it was lovely. The food was of a very good standard and quality as you would expect in one of Rick's pubs. Going to try the bridge Inn acle Thurs haven't been in there in years. Kim tried a couple of the gins they produce and really liked them but really liked there own spiced rum. Unfortunately for me the lady behind the bar told Kim they have there own website where she could purchase the drinks online for home delivery her eyes light up...

• Like 3

Short trip today popped round to Sutton Staithe and got a spot right outside the hotel and we've decided to stay here today. Kim's going to go book a table for later. We have days like this regardless of where we are on holiday. A day of doing absolutely nothing, it's just so relaxing, well it is for us. Also I'm I the only one who seems to enjoy an afternoon knap when afloat dosent happen when we are at home or away on other kinds of holidays. Anyways I can think of thousands of things I'd rather not be doing lol...Happy days. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Afternoon snooze is great for snoozing off the afternoons beer before starting again.

Personally I always struggle to find the time for a snooze as my afternoon beers naturally meld into evening beers, just like my morning beers meld into the afternoon ones :default_smile:

Well today was our final cruise from Sutton back to the yard, lovely meal in the hotel last night but an even better one in the bridge Inn @ alce tonight fabulous. Its been a great week weather has been a bit hit and miss but hey its norfolk no complaints. The guys at bridgecraft really do make you feel welcome, God only knows how Stephanie remembers all her customers names but she does, so we will be back unfortunately not until next year. Please give the bridgecraft guys a consideration when thinking of hiring your next boat I don't think you'll be disappointed. So that's over and out from me.. Happy boating everyone. Home to face two very moody cats that have been in the cattery all week. They Definitely don't approve lol... 

• Like 6

A work colleague asked me about boating holidays today. Because of all the brilliant feedback I read about on here, Ive recommended Bridgecraft. I said if I was wanting to hire, that’s where I’d go. 

• Like 1

One thing I haven't mentioned but wanted to, I've realised this week that I don't need a boat with 240v power,led this microwave that etc etc. We both had our Samsung phones I also had my tablet and my smart speaker. Golden is fitted with just one 13amp plug which will power a phone charger etc but not much else. It was perfectly adequate for our needs. I've hired some of the most expensive boats that are fully equipped and found myself frustrated at not being able to get plug up at night with batteries going flat etc etc, we'venot encountered any power issues all week but have done nothing differently. What I guess I'm trying to say is il be saving myself a whole lot of money from now on in not hiring the big new sparkly boats. Not worth the premium in my opinion, purely on the grounds of complet lack of infrastructure to support the on board technologies. 

• Like 8

On 26/05/2022 at 19:26, Lulu said:

A work colleague asked me about boating holidays today. Because of all the brilliant feedback I read about on here, Ive recommended Bridgecraft. I said if I was wanting to hire, that’s where I’d go. 

I to would happily recommend the boatyard really nice people to deal with. Boats are very well maintained. Even the old Alphacraft boats they introduced a couple of years back are looking great. Lot of work gone into them to get them looking good again. Great service and in my opinion really good value for money..

• Like 4

On 27/05/2022 at 04:58, andyg said:

One thing I haven't mentioned but wanted to, I've realised this week that I don't need a boat with 240v power,led this microwave that etc etc.

I'm with you on that, Andy. It's nice to have a newer boat with more toys but you really have to pay for it. I do like having a bow thruster though (especially having paid far too much for an NBD boat last year which didn't have it). This is where Bridgecraft and Silverline or so good because you can have an older boat for reasonable money but we'll looked after and updated. Silver Mirage is 33 years old but has now thruster, electric roof and electric mudweight.

• Like 4

There are lots of old boats  that still look good out on the water and not just the woodies. A boat I  always think has stood the test of time is the Fairline Mirage 29 ACand CC mostly built in the early eighties and still  out there strutting their stuff beautifully.

Carole

29 minutes ago, addicted said:

A boat I  always think has stood the test of time is the Fairline Mirage 29 ACand CC mostly built in the early eighties and still  out there strutting their stuff beautifully.

Carole

Had a look at one of those before we bought Norfolk Lady.  Beautiful condition inside and out, but twin petrol engines with outdrives and no heating.

• Like 1