Panoramic Broads Video Views

DAVIDH

Not seen anything like this before. The guy travels from Norwich to Reedham with a camera capable of taking 360 degree views as it goes. So you can use your mouse or tilt the phone to have an all around view at any moment. For example, select the video at 17 minutes, and just let the camera pan left or right as you pass the moorings at Brundall. Very clever.

Β 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Not sure if this will work, but if it does, it’s a shot taken with one of my drones:

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7k2n2?logo=1&info=1&fs=1&vr=0&sd=1&thumbs=1

Some DJI drones have a facility to make 360 degree panoramas by taking multiple shots and stitching them together. Β They have to be viewed using third party software though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DAVIDH said:

Excellent Malcolm. It seems technology is just galloping ahead at the moment. You no more have to desire something, than it suddenly becomes reality.Β 

DJI appear to have developed some remarkable technology. Β Their drones are frankly amazing, with even their most basic models able to achieve Β stunning results. Β I’ve just treated myself to the new Mini 3 Pro, which has obstacle avoidance, automatic tracking modes, 4k video capability at 60 fps, a 12mp camera with quad-bayer filter giving 48mp equivalent photos and all sorts of automated flight modes.

Being as old and technologically illiterate as I am, if I try to work out how it’s all done, I Β just confuse myself, so just put it down to witchcraft and play!

• Like 3

There's a few folk doing 360 drone views of the Ore and Deben entrances at low water springs which are very useful and good quality, much as I find the presence of a drone irritating and a bit intrusive they do have their uses.

There was one buzzing around the southwold entrance as we entered a few years back but I never found it on youtube which was a shame as I'd like to have seen that, you never get to see your own boat used in anger, I do have a 7 second snippet of mine off southwold taken by a rib (phone not drone) that was with one of the NYA cruising with carers runs, I called them on the radio and asked for a copy and got it a few days after by calling the NYA office, thanks guys.

12 hours ago, YnysMon said:

That was beautiful Malcolm.

How about a 360 with MS happening to pass through? Or do you have to be on the bank to capture that?Β 

It would have to be moored, sadly. Β The 360 degree image is constructed by the drone taking multiple images and stitching them together. Β The boat would have to remain stationary for about 20 - 30 seconds whilst the drone goes through the process. Β Any movement would show the boat as a smudge. Β When I next get the opportunity to be onboard MS again, I will try to get a better video of her though, using some of the autonomous tracking capabilities of my new drone.

• Like 1

On 11/06/2022 at 21:23, Mouldy said:

Not sure if this will work, but if it does, it’s a shot taken with one of my drones:

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7k2n2?logo=1&info=1&fs=1&vr=0&sd=1&thumbs=1

Some DJI drones have a facility to make 360 degree panoramas by taking multiple shots and stitching them together. Β They have to be viewed using third party software though.

That is brilliant. It's marvellous what you can do with modern technology, which is leaving me behind all too quickly. I'd love to see more like it. Thanks for posting.

4 minutes ago, floydraser said:

Oh dear, as an apprentice Industrial Photographer in 1974 I was using an old MPP and a Sinar P monorail with 5" x 4" glass plates.Β :default_smiley-char054:

I was an assistant photographer for a studio in Maddox Street (just off Regent Street) just a little before that and we used 5x4 and half plate cameras in the studio and out on location. Β Amongst my tasks at the time Β was loading dark slides, developing the exposed film (b&w - colour transparency was processed at an external lab) and printing. Β The advances in photography (as well as many other fields) astound me. Β As I said before . . . witchcraft! Β πŸ˜‰

• Like 1

Not sure if anyones picked up on it, but there’s a small icon next to the word INFO at the top right of the 360 images. Β If you click that, the picture moves with your tablet or phone, if you are using one to view with.

• Like 1

Not The Broads, so not strictly in line with the thread title, but I just sent a drone up from our bungalow and took this 360 view of our village, with the church and mere included.

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7vZvl?logo=1&info=1&fs=1&vr=0&sd=1&thumbs=1

Again, click the small icon next to the the word INFO in the top right corner and the photo moves with your tablet or phone.

• Like 3
  • Love 1