Race for Life inspires a new career!!

G&A

Hi all,

As some of you know I took part, along with two special friends, in the Race for Life in May this year. Gav was chasing goats and I had big decisions to make career wise..........That day planted a seed, the friends, people, inspirational stories.......I am now lucky enough to be studying for an Honours degree in Radiotherapy and Oncology. We have only 10 places in the country offering such a course each with very limited places, but what has really warms me is the passion and support of the academic and clinical staff. They are passionate about what they do, and see huge progression ahead for cancer treatments. I was also pleased to find out about the amazing technology we have in out all too often slated NHS. We have some of the most up to date and advanced equipment where I am, one of only 2 units in the country at the mo.

Id just like to say once again "Thank-you" to all those who sponsored me..............the whole experience has changed a large part of my life, and although im sure it wont always be easy, I will have the privelege to help make a difference every day.

So glad i did it.

Best of luck with your studies; it is a very worthwhile area.

I have been fascinated (although not out of choice) with the medical science driving this and very fortunately have one of the UK's leading Oncologists on our team (thank goodness); it is a bit sad to be on first name terms though :shocked

I will say it for her "I'm still here"

Good luck and well done Annie :wave

Sadly, we have known a lot of family and friends who have been involved in battles against the disease in recent years and we wish you well in your new venture.

Jim and Maxine

Well done Annie you are studying for a very spiecial job which in one way or another will help all the people you deal with.

medical teams can make all the difference to families going through a very tough time.I am sure you will exel ,

x