How Busy Can It Get?

MauriceMynah

40 minutes ago, grendel said:

Ah but the whole point of storing them in 3 different areas of the boat was to ensure you hit your daily steps target.

Hi All

Another worry  is the boat will have to be re ballasted  especially when the holding tank takes the strain.

Kindest regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MargeandParge said:

Another worry  is the boat will have to be re ballasted  especially when the holding tank takes the strain.

I have a perfect solution for that ...

Create a second drinks storage cabinet on the opposite side of the boat, serving a number of useful purposes:

1) potentially doubles the storage capacity of said libation fluids, resulting among other things in further efficiencies and energy saving by way of less libation replenishment trips

2) The dual storage cabinets can double as a ballast trimming system. So by moving bottles etc from one side to the other you can compensate for uneven boat loading of other less essential items

3) If river levels are unusually high, then adding additional special liquid libation bottles to the cabinets will result in the boat sitting lower in the water due to the Archimedes' displacement effect. The positive outcome of this aspect is the ability to navigate low bridges that due to the high water levels might otherwise have been un-navigable. 

• Haha 2

I am glad your inability to sort some DIY led you to sort some DIY on your boat MauriceMynah.

I sincerely hope that my own inability to do anything also leads me to do something someday :default_norty:

Let us all raise a glass to that :default_winko:

2 hours ago, ZimbiIV said:

If you displace more water, then the river levels get higher

This kind of makes me remember the time I moved into an igloo and my friends held a housewarming party for me. 

The next day I was homeless :default_norty:

7 hours ago, Bikertov said:

I have a perfect solution for that ...

Create a second drinks storage cabinet on the opposite side of the boat, serving a number of useful purposes:

1) potentially doubles the storage capacity of said libation fluids, resulting among other things in further efficiencies and energy saving by way of less libation replenishment trips

2) The dual storage cabinets can double as a ballast trimming system. So by moving bottles etc from one side to the other you can compensate for uneven boat loading of other less essential items

3) If river levels are unusually high, then adding additional special liquid libation bottles to the cabinets will result in the boat sitting lower in the water due to the Archimedes' displacement effect. The positive outcome of this aspect is the ability to navigate low bridges that due to the high water levels might otherwise have been un-navigable. 

Unworkable. To actually store liquid libation, one would have to have it on board and not drink it. Probably not a concept MM is either familiar with, or could work to if he was. I'm guessing.

• Sad 1

My heart is warmed by all your responses and concerns, but worry ye not.whilst the bottles are indeed stored on the port side, the decanters will be placed on the starboard. 

Although that will mean that for the vast majority of the time my port will be on my starboard, I am optimistic that when I have constructed my wine cellar, that paradox will sort itself out.

In a previous thread, I did ask members here just how many decanters would be the minimum acceptable for a civilized Chappie to have on his boat. I have thus far only five,but that only covers Sherry, Port, Rum, Whisky and Brandy. I shall have to find another two, to facilitate Gin and Bourbon, so for me, civilization is so near, yet so far.

Well, as it's only a quarter past nine in the morning, it's too early for my first libation. However, it's the perfect time for my first coffee,  with just a small rum in it for medicinal purposes of course.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Be careful MM too much coffee is bad for you, to be on the safe side you could use the displacement properties of rum to reduce the quantity of coffee in the cup all the time proving archimedes to be spot on with his ideas.

11 hours ago, floydraser said:

Unworkable. To actually store liquid libation, one would have to have it on board and not drink it. Probably not a concept MM is either familiar with, or could work to if he was. I'm guessing.

Maybe I should have put a few :default_smile: in.

3 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I am optimistic that when I have constructed my wine cellar, that paradox will sort itself out

just to remind you before you start digging that wine cellar, not to try cutting through the hull for the access hatch.

• Haha 1

I have to agree, a little small for the cocktail cabinet, but it has given me some very interesting ideas for other storage.

Meanwhile back at planet MM, it has been another interesting and fruitful day. Early this afternoon, I was giving some thought to the cleaning of Nyx.

Whilst I was freshening the ice in my G&T the boat next to me, my old and valued friend Bernie on old Nyx, soon officially to be named "Little Nyx" asked if I had a bucket he could borrow. Of course I had, and it was a pleasure to lend it to him. This lead me to, as any friend would, do a full risk assessment of all things buckety. When I had established that the reason for the loan was to facilitate the production, storage and usage of ground bait, further risk assessments seemed pointless.

Now, it was obvious to me that this was going to tie up the bucket for some time, days possibly.

My spare bucket was in my car. The car was at Sutton Staithe, my boat,my friends boat, my friends and I were all at the viaduct moorings in Hoveton.

This only left one option available to me. Any further thoughts about boat cleaning would have to be put on the back burner for now. So, maybe, just time for another small libation,.  Don't you think?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just thought I'd mention that I was lying on top of my duvet last night when I was awoken by a noise that took me by surprise, so much so that I had to think for some seconds to identify it.

Yes, at 22:00 yesterday evening, the boat moored ahead of me turned on their central heating.

I was unable to get back to sleep (partly the noise but mainly the heat ), so a generous libation was called for and an hours TV viewing followed. I have to say that the program showing on channel E4 was something of a surprise but luckily I managed to find "New Tricks" on the drama channel.