How Busy Can It Get?

MauriceMynah

I’m now moored at cockshoot, I passed two nice wild moorings between ranworth and here ( mind you the one I decided on had a wasp nest in a hole in the bank, just my luck!) and there was a space at the church mooring. Now at the dyke, there are only 5 boats here. Acle bridge last night had spaces for a few boats too. I’m sure the main ‘busyness’ is just day boats scooting about. 

• 2 months later...

Delusions of something approaching adequacy yet again abound in my mind. 

My father always taught me that the best things in life cost the most money.

I am currently looking at a multi function  Ninja cooking device, will cook almost anything, including I assume,  Ninjas.

Now, this wonderful machine is pennies short of £300.00, well one penny to be exact. I would point out that this unit is both an air fryer and, using the other lid, a pressure cooker.

Before I perform such open wallet surgery there are a couple of things I thought I'd ask the experts on the forum

1. Is 'Ninja' a good make?

I ask this as I may be directed to a better manufacturer. 

2. Where would you advise me to go to acquire to purchase this miracle machine.

As ever, I await your advice while enjoying an afternoon libation.

Sorry, I can’t help with whether this is a good machine, except to say I’ve been pondering whether to buy a multifunction cooker too. Wondering if the investment would eventually pay for itself in fuel costs. At the moment I have a (1970s vintage…but none the worse for that) pressure cooker, a slow cooker and a steamer. I use the three tier steamer the most often, followed by the slow cooker. I need to use the latter more to save energy costs. Haven’t used the pressure cooker for ages.

I have been wondering whether to get a thermal cooker though. The ultimate in fuel saving. 

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Delusions of something approaching adequacy yet again abound in my mind. 

My father always taught me that the best things in life cost the most money.

I am currently looking at a multi function  Ninja cooking device, will cook almost anything, including I assume,  Ninjas.

Now, this wonderful machine is pennies short of £300.00, well one penny to be exact. I would point out that this unit is both an air fryer and, using the other lid, a pressure cooker.

Before I perform such open wallet surgery there are a couple of things I thought I'd ask the experts on the forum

1. Is 'Ninja' a good make?

I ask this as I may be directed to a better manufacturer. 

2. Where would you advise me to go to acquire to purchase this miracle machine.

As ever, I await your advice while enjoying an afternoon libation.

Hi John... we have a Ninja Foodi 15 in 1 machine... it does everything from boiled eggs to baking bread.

The one we have uses the same lid and does steaming and pressure cooking.

It's quite a big beast but it does roast a 5 kg chicken no problem.

We have had ours over a year now and is used at least once a day.

Cooking a roast joint is so much easier as it has a steam/roast function.

As with all these it takes a little getting used to and must say some impressive results.

Think at the time when we got it it was around £245 most certainly a considered purchase but has proved its worth.

• Like 3

We have had the Ninja foodi for a couple of years now (it has the seperate pressure cooker lid) and we swear by it! We've done a complete sunday roast in it as well as other food that would normally be done either in the oven or under the conventional grill.  It also cleans up very well after being used which is a godsend.  I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Chris

Ninja.jpg

Not my department really but my observations from afar: I wonder how these compare to a slow cooker for practicallity? Mrs raser had a smaller slow cooker but decided it wasn't practical enough, so we have a 6 litre version which does several meals worth of cooking in one session. And to save it stinking the house out it does so in the garage. On full whack it uses 290 watts, has three settings and we use it mainly on low, so I presume something like leaving a light on for several hours. 

Hi John.  We bought ours about two years ago and would not be without it.  It has the two lids and tells you if you try to use the wrong one!  Use it all the time to try and avoid the main cooker.  Just needs a little practice and I have not found anything yet that I would have used the oven for.  Cheaper to run and quicker.  Probably bought on e bay as I only try to do 'desk top' shopping.

IMG_4215.JPG

• Like 1

They are really good MM, you won't regret it.

Especially after a sociable visit to a public establishment to support the local economy when you can fall back into your boat, load it full of greasy potatoes and 15 minutes later it switches itself off because you have forgotten you had turned it on when find a bottle of gin you forgot you had :default_wink:

I think you get free postage, an extended warranty and payment options by buying direct, but I have had mine that long I forget

Cheers :default_winko:

Well many many thanks to you all for the information.  My mind is made up, a Ninja it will be,  the 15 in 1 pot that does it all.

Sadly they are out of stock at Ninja themselves, so should I wait, or try to find one alsewhere? My feelings at the moment is to wait and buy direct.

Now, should I purchase the Ninja Bullet at the same time? I'm told that many healthy beverages can be produced with one of these devices  which I'm sure,  with the addition of a shot or two, would prove to be most efficacious as are most medicinal compounds ( yes, scaffold ).

• Like 2

Can you set it on a timer so it's just done as you return from supporting the local economy by a sociable visit to said establishment? (as we often do with the oven on a sunday)

And how good at still being savable 2 hours later when you forget to return at the right time in bid to support the economy a bit more?

8 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Can you set it on a timer so it's just done as you return from supporting the local economy by a sociable visit to said establishment? (as we often do with the oven on a sunday)

No unfortunately

As for MM's question, yes get the bullet. Get the whole Ninja range they are all great and I swear I am not on commission :default_biggrin: