Where's The Water Gone?

Meg

Hello everyone' the reports of my demise are premature! My Norfolk Dream is moored stern on in Wroxham and it's like climbing the Eiger to get on or off. Water levels are the lowest I have seen. Is this a general occurrence or is there a drain hole open somewhere? Alternatively I will have to buy a hoist. Hope to see you out and about soon.

• Like 1

Last week when I looked at the Wroxham webcam it looked like river levels were rather high. We've experienced high river levels twice when on Moonlight Shadow (with flood warnings) and both occasions were followed by a day of really low water levels. No idea why or whether that's a regular thing, it's just what we observed at the time.

Nice to see you posting again.

Last week northerlys, High water in the broads

This week, A few days of southerly wind and High air pressure has pushed the water levels down in the North Sea, so all the water has drained away. With that low approaching and the wind switching round again, expect the water levels to rebound, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a fish kill.

The river levels,raise and fall all year.Often in the winter river levels can be high.Sometimes there will be two high tides/low tides. Often due to wind conditions keeping water in or out.On more then one occasion our boat was sat on mud sometimes almost on the bank.