Loo Paper

As. most got up to date mechanical waste loos now what sort of Loo paper do we use has it got to be thin sort of Paper as to the normal  ones we use at Home and who's the best to get it from Tesco's / Sainsbury's or others as to not clog up theses New Type of Flush Loos being fitted in the New Boats . 

5 minutes ago, floydraser said:

I don't know, the kids today........:default_biggrin:

I worked at New Scotland Yard for a while back in the 70’s.  They used to use that tracing paper (Izal) stuff.  Every sheet was printed with the words Government Property.  Did they think anyone would want to steal it for crying out load??  There was a temptation to use and post it back to them, though! 😉😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

I worked at New Scotland Yard for a while back in the 70’s.  They used to use that tracing paper (Izal) stuff.  Every sheet was printed with the words Government Property.  Did they think anyone would want to steal it for crying out load??  There was a temptation to use and post it back to them, though! 😉😂

Standard issue in the army, of course out in the field we had grass...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, andyg said:

In the Cadets when I was at school, there were two situations to cope with on an exercise - a 'fieldy with' and a fieldy without' said paper, toilet functions, clean-up, for the use of ...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, andyg said:

Good ol' shovel recce! :default_rofl:Whilst we're "drifting" - out in the desert in the first gulf war, we used to save our empty bottles of water that were supplied to us, cut the bottom ends off, join them together and then stick them in the sand and use them as an urinal!  Kept the flies away! :default_blink:

Chris

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CeePee1952 said:

Good ol' shovel recce! :default_rofl:Whilst we're "drifting" - out in the desert in the first gulf war, we used to save our empty bottles of water that were supplied to us, cut the bottom ends off, join them together and then stick them in the sand and use them as an urinal!  Kept the flies away! :default_blink:

Chris

Old trick that one...

26 minutes ago, andyg said:

Unfortunately, the army has had to make do without my services but someone who has served once told me that standard issue for each visit was three sheets....  

• Like 1

I would imagine in the era Griff was in the Andrew toilets flushed directly overboard so which type of loo roll did not matter much.

Only problem was that if the flapper valve (non return valve) was not functioning correctly in bad weather then the old Elvis song Return to Sender became a bit too true for comfort :default_icon_e_surprised:

15 minutes ago, SteveO said:

Tesco's white. Double size rolls. Goes in the bin - think Greek holidays.  Jabsco manual pumped heads x 2 and no problems to report.  

Smelliest holiday I've ever had, the resort of nydri, can't remember the island name. Place stunk, flys everywhere. Shame really as it was beautiful and there was a very busy sunseekers base in the harbour. Hygiene wasn't high on the list unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, andyg said:

Smelliest holiday I've ever had, the resort of nydri, can't remember the island name. Place stunk, flys everywhere. Shame really as it was beautiful and there was a very busy sunseekers base in the harbour. Hygiene wasn't high on the list unfortunately. 

Odd that, we keep the used stuff in a plastic lidded box with a plastic bag liner and empty it every time we get rid of rubbish.  Either we don't seem to get the bad smells or my nose can't detect it any more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, floydraser said:

Unfortunately, the army has had to make do without my services but someone who has served once told me that standard issue for each visit was three sheets....  

Well I've given you the feeder line but if no-one is going to take the bait I'll just have to do the punchline myself: 

...one up, one down and a polish!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2