Diesel And Pump Out Toilet Prices

annv

We've just come back from the broads today after a week hiring from HW. Unfortunately the fridge packed in so we went back to the yard where a new one was fitted very quickly. Whilst I was there I got a free pumpout as we were 5 days into our 7. I didn't realise how expensive it could have been for 1 pumpout. £18 for one sounds expensive. I suppose I'm out of touch.

23 minutes ago, Troyboy said:

We've just come back from the broads today after a week hiring from HW. Unfortunately the fridge packed in so we went back to the yard where a new one was fitted very quickly. Whilst I was there I got a free pumpout as we were 5 days into our 7. I didn't realise how expensive it could have been for 1 pumpout. £18 for one sounds expensive. I suppose I'm out of touch.

You obviously haven’t been to Broom lately!! 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

You obviously haven’t been to Broom lately!! 😉

I haven't been to Brooms for about 6 years. I think the last pumpout I paid for was about 5 yrs ago at Sutton boatyard. £10 I think it was. I suppose everything is going up in price. 

in 1984 I had a pumpout at Norbury Junction on the Shropshire Union. The hired narrowboat we were on had two toilets emptying into one holding tank. The chap doing the pumpout spotted this and said he would have to charge us for two pumpouts at £4 each as it was a large tank. At the time the Broads boatyards were charging between £2 or £3 for a pumpout. How does £8 in 1984 compare with todays prices.

• 2 months later...