boat on fire at beccles

loribear

:wave hi all i don't know if anyone has seen the EDP paper today but a boat caught fire,here is a pic,[attachment=0]002.PNG[/attachment] apparantly boat owners tony tibbit & his wife alison were in the boat at the time, at beccles quay, just off gillingham dam near bridge street, the couple had decided to take their boat CLEO out for a short trip, they got about 50 yards from the boarding when there was an explosion & then the engine caught fire,his wife jumped out of the boat & a passer-by on another boat came to help, he said that he was ok but his was devasted as they'd spent alot of money doing it up, the couple both suffered burns & were treated by ambulance crews ,it says that fire crews managed to put the fire out before it sank, it is rather a devastating story, it must be really upseting to watch your boat burn & sink like that, my heart really goes out to them both, :cry lori

yes i'm based here at beccles Quay now and we were out all day when we got back Mike the harbour master was still in his office at 6.30pm

i said what are you still doing here and he told me he was helping with a boat fire just up the river

what a sad affair and as mentioned horrific and upsetting to see your baby going down

he did say they were burnt and were taken to hospital for treatment

hopefully they'll be ok

you can always replace possessions but life is more precious