Internet And Wifi

Good evening people,  

Just bought a Viking 275, from NBS.  Jolly good and we are a happy couple for now.  We could not be more inexperienced if we tried. But there we go, we will just have to be careful.

Looking at the Maxview internet system.?

Does anyone have a comment please.

Roger

I just use a huawei mifi dongle, i do have one with external antennae, as there are a couple of areas where you can lose signal at low tide on the southern rivers. so the antennae need to be placed high at those locations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grendel said:

I just use a huawei mifi dongle, i do have one with external antennae, as there are a couple of areas where you can lose signal at low tide on the southern rivers. so the antennae need to be placed high at those locations.

Is that a proper waterproof antennae or something you place in a bag and tie it up high? 

Looking for a waterproof antennae if anyone can recommend one.

37 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

At least we are not back in the old days of CB radio - try putting up a Sigma 4 or CLR-2 on a boat, and don't even think about getting under bridges with one of them :default_rofl:

You might just get away with a K40.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bikertov said:

At least we are not back in the old days of CB radio - try putting up a Sigma 4 or CLR-2 on a boat, and don't even think about getting under bridges with one of them :default_rofl:

Mag mount and Baking tray. 10.10 Til I see you again

• Haha 2