Newbie Saying Hello.

RogF

12 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Hmmmmm looks yummy. Can I have the recipe.

It would be best served with a side of this cake to cure the heartburn :default_wink:

Fire4.jpg

Hi Roger and Margaret 

Have a great time with your boat and the many characters you will meet, mostly a caring helpful community, 

We had an outboard for many years and one of the most useful things on board and still is on our present boat a set of shopping wheels that used to be common in the high street, used by ladies of a certain age to bash your ankles.:default_biggrin:.

Leave the bag on for shopping and slide it off over the handles for a mini folding sack barrow to strap or bungee cord a 20litre petrol tank on even a 6kg gas bottle. Then they fold flat for storage.

When boating your car is always somewhere else and stuff has to be lugged we know how heavy liquid refreshment can be.:default_winko::default_beerchug:.

There are walkable petrol stations at

Wayford Bridge

Stalham Tesco

Sutton Staithe...........Stalham Green Nicolsons

Womack ................. Ludham  Mon to (Sat AM only)

Potter Heigham ................phew...............Repps good exercise.

There are probably others but we have used these ones.

Kindest Regards

Marge and Parge 

• Like 2

On 16/07/2022 at 22:04, Helian said:

A couple of things regarding power / hookups:

First I recall (but it's been 2 years) that the Ferry House at Surlingham had it's own proprietary system. Cards purchased at the bar 

In terms of how much cable - as much as possible but I know experts will caution about overloading - the longer the cable the greater the resistance ... it's also worth getting / making a 32A to 16A converter as you are likely to come across posts where both 16A sockets are taken but the larger 32A one is not. 

Enjoy the learning experience!

Helian

Can I assume that the standard is 16amp, ie, the one I have on the boat now.  So need to convert that with a female 16 amp to a male 32 amp???  All good stuff and thanks.    

Yes, I bought an extra 16A extension lead and a loose 32A plug. Replaced 16A plug with 32A one and now have a converter with an added benefit of an extension too! Just increasing options. Got it all from Screwfix 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

La Dolcie Rita, now renamed, we like the font.  Hopefully all ok as I could only find 6 of the virgins required.

Now relocated to our permanent mooring in South Walsham.  A big result we would say, away from the hustle and bustle of Wroxham.  Only one swan, two ducks and a goose.  Oh and maybe three otters, not to sure... We disregard seagulls...

I have to applaud NBS especially Kerry, ok they got their commission on the boat but, it did not end there.  Moved the boat to SW, and Kerry collected us and took us back to Wroxham to collect the car. Customer service... at the highest.

Amused me, 2.5 hours by river, 20 minutes by car...

We have Marine Tech as a neighbough, engine booked in for annual service, (not budgeted for) Grrr.  Had a pump out. £20 bugger that we are going to have to learn to poo less...  But as the memsahib said, "who wants to deal with your sh*t "

We are very slowly gaining experience, moored up at Acle bridge, made a right cock up as got the wind and tide completely wrong.    Not as wrong as the next boat I have to say.

Sat imbibing a lemonade?  and this hire boat came in to moor, a chap all alone, he made it look so bloody easy..  We will get there I am sure...  As long as the Memsahib does as she is told, I am the captain, I think....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

its usually only that easy if you have meticulously planned it, (and nobody is watching), experience counts for a lot, but when sailing solo, all of the lines need to be in place for mooring when you leave the previous mooring.

dont worry, we have all messed up a mooring or two, i once had a jump to get back on the boat when the wind took her and I was ashore with the bow rope, and at that point she decided she wanted to point the other way, it happens to all of us at some point.

• Like 1